Cleaning URL parameters from Google Analytics

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the duplicate post but I just can't find a way to delete this...

I'm trying to compile a full list or URL parameters (and their meaning) to be cleaned from Google Analytics as they just complicate analysis -- or is such a list already available somewhere?

What I've collected so far:

- _hsenc and _hsmi are used for email tracking (but could either of them be used as userId in GA?)

- _hssc, _hstc, hsCtaTracking are used for CTAs

- submissionGuid - for forms

- hsa_acc, hsa_cam, hsa_grp, hsa_ad, hsa_net, hsa_src,hsa_ver,hsa_la,hsa_ol for advertising tracking

Anything more I should get rid of?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to compile a full list or URL parameters (and their meaning) to be cleaned from Google Analytics as they just complicate analysis -- or is such a list already available somewhere?

What I've collected so far:

- _hsenc and _hsmi are used for email tracking (but could either of them be used as userId in GA?)

- _hssc, _hstc, hsCtaTracking are used for CTAs

- submissionGuid - for forms

- hsa_acc, hsa_cam, hsa_grp, hsa_ad, hsa_net, hsa_src,hsa_ver,hsa_la,hsa_ol for advertising tracking

Anything else I should remove from reports?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @MikkoPiippo 

This article explains how to exclude the parameters and has a few parameters that come from HubSpot Marketing Email tracking and CTAs. If you are using HubSpot Ads, I would also recommend excluding the parameters listed in this article. It lists all of the parameters our ads tool adds automatically.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this or if I've misunderstood your initial question and I'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you

Sharon

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks, I had read the article previously, definitely useful - but there are more parameters than in the article Smiley Happy

Best,

Mikko

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hey Mikko,

I hope you found the answer.

I was looking for the same thing - before I saw your post I found this resource which auto-generates all the query parameters https://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/clean-up-query-parameters-google-analytics/ 

I also created a filter to remove previews of Hubspot pages as that was driving me nuts in GA as well. 

Kind regards

Carol 

0 Upvotes