Reporting & Analytics

josh_at_MITTR
Participant

Capturing the date when a custom event is triggered?

SOLVE

we have set up custom events and can see the date users are triggering these events.

Is there a way to capture that date and save it on the contact's record? I know how to set up a property to do this, but when I run a workflow to populate it, it's capturing the date I run the workflow, NOT the date the event was triggered.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Ah! I see. 

I can't see a way to extract the event date at a contact level in a way that a workflow or (as I had hoped) an export/import would be able to put into a contact property. 

For contacts who have previously completed the event, its looks like a manual action to copy the date into the custom property. 

Sorry the news isn't better!

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @josh_at_MITTR 

Are you using Marketing Hub Enterprise's custom events feature?

If so, a workflow triggered by an event completion should, in the vast majority of cases, run on the same day as the completion, making the date stamp the same as the event date. 

Or is there something I am missing? 

0 Upvotes
josh_at_MITTR
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Phil -

I should have clarified something - we had this custom event running for some time, but didn't think to set up a date property/workflow until today. So my question was really about capturing the date the event was triggered for all of those who have already triggered it.

Sounds like getting the exact date going forward will work, as long as the workflow is active. But am I correct that there's no way to capture that date retrospectively for those who have already triggered the event?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Ah! I see. 

I can't see a way to extract the event date at a contact level in a way that a workflow or (as I had hoped) an export/import would be able to put into a contact property. 

For contacts who have previously completed the event, its looks like a manual action to copy the date into the custom property. 

Sorry the news isn't better!

0 Upvotes