Reporting & Analytics

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Can you change/remove the separate items loaded by the Hubspot tracking script?

SOLVE

The Hubspot tracking script itself loads several other scripts:

image (2).png

One of our clients finds that this severely impacts site load speed. Is it possible to change which of these are loaded?

For instance, they might not use Hubspot's chatbot, so maybe the last script could be excluded.

Can this be done?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Bob2245

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and your question about the tracking script. I can confirm that this is expected behaviour - the script loader (js.hs-scripts.com) includes all HubSpot scripts in order to simplify the process for the user. This way, our users don't have to manually add additional scripts to their website when they decide to use a new HubSpot tool.

Users are able to customize the HubSpot tracking code or load each of these scripts separately via their own tag management system, but this isn't something we provide on our side and would require help from a developer. You can check this Community thread where a user has shared a couple of adjustments to the code. 

Page speed and performance are complex topics and can be influenced by many different factors, I would therefore like to share this Communtiy post, where my colleagues provide additional information regarding site speed and the way it's analyzed. 

I hope this helps!

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Bob2245

SOLVE

So I already marked the above post as the solution, but I was wondering if anyone has an overview of all those separate Hubspot scripts and which ones are required/optional? I understand Hubspot won't provide support on this, but maybe someone else has had a similar challenge before?

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Bob2245,

Thank you for marking the answer as a solution!

I did some more digging and found a Community thread with a similar use case:

@prafulmemane have you found a workaround that worked well for you? Thank you! 

Cheers

Mia

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Bob2245

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and your question about the tracking script. I can confirm that this is expected behaviour - the script loader (js.hs-scripts.com) includes all HubSpot scripts in order to simplify the process for the user. This way, our users don't have to manually add additional scripts to their website when they decide to use a new HubSpot tool.

Users are able to customize the HubSpot tracking code or load each of these scripts separately via their own tag management system, but this isn't something we provide on our side and would require help from a developer. You can check this Community thread where a user has shared a couple of adjustments to the code. 

Page speed and performance are complex topics and can be influenced by many different factors, I would therefore like to share this Communtiy post, where my colleagues provide additional information regarding site speed and the way it's analyzed. 

I hope this helps!

Mia