Reporting & Analytics

MerchantCentric
Participant

Campaign metrics broken down by contact

Is it possible create a report within HS that details a contact's engagement within a campaign? I understand i can do it manually by downloading a recipient lists or all associated emails but becomes quite a task when there are 30 to 40 emails.

The goal is ultimately to give a summary of engagement metrics for each campaign we run to the sales team. We are interested in clicks and opens.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MerchantCentric
Participant

For those who are attempting to pull a report showing all open and click behavior of contacts within a specific campaign; I have found a solution.

- Go to Reports > Reports
- Click "Create custom report"
- Select "Custom Report Builder"
- For CRM, choose "Contacts", For Marketing, choose "Marketing email", nothing else.
- Click "Next"

In the left column, add "List membership" as a filter in your report. Then add the appropriate "is member of list" associated with the campaign from which you'd like to view data. Be sure to add "is not a member of list" if you have an opt-out list.

- Now, in the left column, change "Browse: Contact (primary)" to "Browse: Marketing Email."
- Under "Marketing email events," select "Opened emails."
- Under "Default measures," add "Count of opened emails."

- Under "Campaign properties," add "Campaign name" - this will be used as an additional filter to make sure you are only viewing emails within the campaign in question. For example, you could have contacts that have been in multiple campaigns in the past within your contact list. This will exclude that behavior.
- Under "Marketing email properties," add "Marketing Email name."
- Lastly, drag "Count of opened emails" to the Y-axis and drag "Marketing email name" to the X-axis.

Export as an XLSX, and there should be a second tab that has all history of which email was opened with the specific contact ID. If you wanted to see how many opened, just create a pivot table. If you want to get the contact's details, pull your contact list, and use VLOOKUP on their contact ID.

The instructions above are for "Opened emails" information only. If you are looking for clicks, then go back into the report, scroll to the top of the left column, and under "Marketing email events," select "Email link clicks." Export once more, and you now have "Email link clicks" behavior specific to a single campaign.

@sharonlicari i think this is a super important report for companies who need to send engagement behavior to their sales team after a campaign concludes. If this could be verified and potentially added to the knowledge base - it would help a lot of people. 

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @MerchantCentric ,

Are these Sales or Marketing emails we're talking about?

If yes, then for Marketing Campaigns, you can see Campaign Analytics in this section here

webdew_0-1630675562229.png

Once you click on a campaign, you can see an overview of all the clicks/opens for each email and other metrics.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

MerchantCentric
Participant

Thanks @webdew for the suggestion. I'm looking more for the specific click & open behavior within emails of a campaign; instead of the email's overal performance. 

Example:

- Added 1500 people into a campaign that has 4 automated emails.

- Campaign finishes and everyone completes the workflow.

- Pull a report that shows me the open/click behavior of the 1500 in the campaign with those 4 emails.

Also, @sharonlicari for calling in reinforments; the more help the better!

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MerchantCentric 

Welcome to the Community!

I'm curious to know if our experts have created something similar, hey @Bryantworks @NicoleSengers what would you suggest in this scenario?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes