Reporting & Analytics

keelysaye
Participant

Campaign Structure Best Practices

SOLVE

At my company, we release quarterly and annual eAuction Savings Reports. My question is this: Should we use a master "eAuction Savings Report" campaign name and structure for all reports, or should we use a different campaign name for each like "Q1 2020 eAuction Savings Report" and Q2 2020 ...".

Whitepapers are a different story and require a separate campaign for each whitepaper for tracking purposes. I'm just wondering if these quarterly reports should be treated differently so we don't end up with hundreds of campaigns for these reports years down the road. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Alex_
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @keelysaye,

In my opinion, I would rather create a campaign per quarter than create one overarching one for the whole year.

The way I see it, it's better to have the ability to have a break down of each quarter for comparison, than it would be to review a campaign as a whole for the entire year and then have to go through the process of segmenting each quarter from one big offline report.

If you were to do the latter, to me, it would just create a lot of unnecessary work. Plus, being able to build out a quarterly report would be more beneficial to a marketing team with being able to see tangible results of each campaign to be able to make adjustments where needed.

The other part of it is when you're creating goals for your campaign, going quarterly would give the additional ability to be able to develop both short and long-term goals per quarter as well as yearly overall.

Again, this is just my way of thinking as I'm a big fan of compartmentalization when it comes to campaign analytics. I hop this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Alex_
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @keelysaye,

In my opinion, I would rather create a campaign per quarter than create one overarching one for the whole year.

The way I see it, it's better to have the ability to have a break down of each quarter for comparison, than it would be to review a campaign as a whole for the entire year and then have to go through the process of segmenting each quarter from one big offline report.

If you were to do the latter, to me, it would just create a lot of unnecessary work. Plus, being able to build out a quarterly report would be more beneficial to a marketing team with being able to see tangible results of each campaign to be able to make adjustments where needed.

The other part of it is when you're creating goals for your campaign, going quarterly would give the additional ability to be able to develop both short and long-term goals per quarter as well as yearly overall.

Again, this is just my way of thinking as I'm a big fan of compartmentalization when it comes to campaign analytics. I hop this helps.

keelysaye
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Alex! 

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @keelysaye 

Thank you for reaching out!

I want to tag some of our thoughts leaders on this -  @Alex_ @mkarsten @ElyshaShave - any tips/best practices to share with @keelysaye regarding campaigns' structure? 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes