Reporting & Analytics

ParthVyas
Teilnehmer/-in

Buyer persona

lösung

How much time does it take to make a buyer persona? Is it worth it if you don't crack the deal?

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Buyer persona

lösung

Hi @ParthVyas,

This depends heavily on how much thought has gone into this concept yet. If you have a fairly good understanding of your personas, with this tool you can probably create a few over the course of one or two hours: https://www.hubspot.com/make-my-persona

If you're starting at the very beginning, HubSpot has a guide linked on the same page above. Working through that guide, discussing with colleagues might take a few hours, too.

After that, you might want to refine your personas over time a bit, potentially tweak them.

Generally, I would say that strategic work like this is always worth the time spent. You get a better understanding of who you're trying to reach, even the first discussions will help taylor your content better, segment your lists for email marketing better, target your ads better, for example.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

danmoyle
Lösung
Koryphäe | Elite Partner
Koryphäe | Elite Partner

Buyer persona

lösung

@ParthVyas that's a big question. I love @karstenkoehler's response. I'll add my thoguths here as well. 

It doesn't necessarily take long to make the persona. Think of the best, most common clients you have and look for commonalities. There's one persona. 

However, the real work happens the more you use your personas. They're just a starting point. Talking to sales to dial in the important details, testing content marketing to confirm the research, measuring how it help decrease time to close... that's all a lifetime pursuit, my friend.  

I'd like to share a couple of resources from where I work to add to the work you're doing. 

All the best on your journey! You're in the right place for advice and insight, for sure. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
danmoyle
Lösung
Koryphäe | Elite Partner
Koryphäe | Elite Partner

Buyer persona

lösung

@ParthVyas that's a big question. I love @karstenkoehler's response. I'll add my thoguths here as well. 

It doesn't necessarily take long to make the persona. Think of the best, most common clients you have and look for commonalities. There's one persona. 

However, the real work happens the more you use your personas. They're just a starting point. Talking to sales to dial in the important details, testing content marketing to confirm the research, measuring how it help decrease time to close... that's all a lifetime pursuit, my friend.  

I'd like to share a couple of resources from where I work to add to the work you're doing. 

All the best on your journey! You're in the right place for advice and insight, for sure. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Buyer persona

lösung

Hi @ParthVyas,

This depends heavily on how much thought has gone into this concept yet. If you have a fairly good understanding of your personas, with this tool you can probably create a few over the course of one or two hours: https://www.hubspot.com/make-my-persona

If you're starting at the very beginning, HubSpot has a guide linked on the same page above. Working through that guide, discussing with colleagues might take a few hours, too.

After that, you might want to refine your personas over time a bit, potentially tweak them.

Generally, I would say that strategic work like this is always worth the time spent. You get a better understanding of who you're trying to reach, even the first discussions will help taylor your content better, segment your lists for email marketing better, target your ads better, for example.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.