Reporting & Analytics

CStefan

Bug re. disabling cookies before user consent

Hi,

I'd like to report a bug with respect to GDPR compliance: it seems that HubSpot's JavaScript SDK doesn't respect the `_hs_do_not_track` cookie and as such doesn't respect the GDPR regulations.

For example, we've tried to programatically set the `__hs_do_not_track` and `__hs_opt_out` cookies with `yes` value, before we inject the `js.hs-scripts.com` <script>. This works well if the cookie policy banner is enabled in the Hubspot Settings. However, if we disable the cookie policy from there (so we don't show Hubspot's banner), Hubspot's script doesn't seem to respect those values and fills in the browser with the tracking cookies.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @CStefan,

Thank you for the information provided, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real time assistance for this matter since there are essential cookies that do not require consent, would be better to see an example.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

CStefan

Hey. No, unfortunately I don't think it's included in my plan. But, nonetheless, I believe it should be of utmost importance for HubSpot to fix issues, no matter who reports them, especially since they are re. compliance.

0 Upvotes