Reporting & Analytics

VAdams7
メンバー

Block internal traffic from reporting

解決

Hi, I am looking into figuring out the best way to exclude our companies internal traffic from out Hubspot reporting. We do not want to include internal data from forms, website visits, or any other information. What is the best way to go about this. We also would like to exclude data stemming from competitors of our comany and block them from filling out forms as well. Is there a way to exclude a domain name from reports as well?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
deepikaverma
解決策
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @VAdams7 ,
You can achieve it to some extent, for the contacts who have filled out the form or whose contact is there in the Database.
- Make an active list of those contacts with filter email domains ends with - abc.com.
- Now use this list in reports "list membership- is not the member of this list".

I hope it helps!
Deepika

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
deepikaverma
解決策
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @VAdams7 ,
You can achieve it to some extent, for the contacts who have filled out the form or whose contact is there in the Database.
- Make an active list of those contacts with filter email domains ends with - abc.com.
- Now use this list in reports "list membership- is not the member of this list".

I hope it helps!
Deepika

Ben_M
キーアドバイザー

解決

The tough part about this is that many people will be remote and while you can block ip ranges and things of that nature, doing it for an entirely remote company is not feasible.  And domain would be the same idea because the domain is the ISP in this case and not necessarily the visitor as you may not know their email domain while they are browsing unless they fill out a form and accept your cookies.

What I would recommend doing through your analytics tool is looking for people who take specific events or actions and also those who come from particular sources (ie: ads) and isolate that traffic for analysis to see trends in your data.  Figure out what your conversion metrics are and work to optimize them and worry less about the overall vanity metric of how many people are visiting your site.  I would compare it to looking at email opens instead of engagement and conversion metrics for your email campaigns.