Better Customer Reporting

Regular Contributor

The current reporting dashboard will only show Contacts and Customers who were created during the given timeframe.

This isn't condusive for companies with a long sales cycle.

Example:

We run a report for April. It shows X new Contacts and Y new customers.

However, any customers who's Contact Create Date is BEFORE April, but their Became a Customer Date IS in April, won't show up.

This is misleading and hard to report on revenue generated in April. Essentially, in order for a contact to show up as a Customer, their Create Date and Became a Customer Date must BOTH be within the report period.

Futher, Customers are reported in Traffic Analytics with the date they became a contact, NOT the date they became a Customer. Also problematic.

This could be easily fixed by adding a checkbox on the Marketing Dashboard to "Also Include Customers who Became a Contact Before the Date Range" and in the Traffic Analytics to "Use Became a Customer Date Instead"

Thanks.

5 Replies 5
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @tmcginnis

Yes, this used to be a frustration of mine as well. My dashboard was always set to look at current month and the customer number was almost always zero! I'm sure there is a good reason for it but I always figured it should just be based on the became a customer date. 

Although it may not be the solution you were hoping to hear, the reporting add on totally lets you get around this. You can create custom charts that show you contacts by became a customer data, by month, which is much more useful than the default performance report. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hey Phil,

That's what HubSpot support told me as well. Except the Reports add-on is $200/mo. Totally not worth it to gain a feature that should be available out of the box. Smiley Indifferent

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

If you are interested, you can set up an Excel (or sheets, or other BI tool) to report on the exact parameters you are looking for with an export of your Contacts. 

While not ideal (but assumably more ideal for you than $200/mo for the Reporting Add-On), you can set it up in such a way that you can simply paste the new week's data (or whatever the time frame) into the data portion of the workbook and it will automatically recalculate your reports for you. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Would love to hear the ideas on the excel form to track this! We just went down from Enterprise to Pro with the reporting add-on, but I'm finding there's more I DON'T have that I WANT with the reporting add-on. Would love to save the money until better parameters are brought online.

(And speaking of that, how do we know when better parameters DO go online if we no longer have the add-on?)

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I have the reporting add-on as well and I have to say there are some, what I would consider, basic queries that can be filled and the visualizations lack much in the way of sorting, color coding, and other standard functions youd get from Excel, Numbers, or Sheets.

0 Upvotes