Reporting & Analytics

SCortez

Best way to track sales influenced by non-brand organic search?

SOLVE

I'd love to be able to track sales deals influenced by content =(specifically blog content and product pages - not just content offers/gated landing pages). The problem is, I want to be able to track organic search content that DOESNT include branded search terms. Tp sum it up, looking to report on people came to our site by landing our product page or blog post using an actual search phrase. 

I've been having this conversation with colleagues and a few ideas have been throw around, but we're still unclear on the best approach. I realize this might involve integrating some other tools, using Google Data Studio,etc., but this feels like a code I can't quite crack. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@SCortez  My best recommendation would be to leverage Google Analytics for this. The drill-down you are looking for is something that would be difficult to achieve in HubSpot but it is something that should be native to GA4. 

• Maybe try building a report and filter down to contacts created from:

Original Source = Organic Search
    Original Source Drilldown 1 = Google
    Original Source Drilldown 2 does not contain any of *branded search terms*

If this post helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@SCortez  My best recommendation would be to leverage Google Analytics for this. The drill-down you are looking for is something that would be difficult to achieve in HubSpot but it is something that should be native to GA4. 

• Maybe try building a report and filter down to contacts created from:

Original Source = Organic Search
    Original Source Drilldown 1 = Google
    Original Source Drilldown 2 does not contain any of *branded search terms*

If this post helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

0 Upvotes