Reporting & Analytics

ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

Best way to get analytics from pillar pages

SOLVE

Hello,

We are in the process of a website redesign and will be utilizing the pillar page structure for our new site. I understand how the interlinking works and all of that, what I'm unclear on is how we keep getting detailed stats. 

Right now if someone goes to our catering page we know because it's a different URL and page. Once we combine our pages we will have anchor links to section headers but I'm afraid we won't be able to see things like section clicks (previously page visits). I thought of tracking URLs but that's not exactly scalable and it would cause a reload of the page instead of just scrolling to the anchored section. I was looking at HotJar but I couldn't see how that would connect to contact records, it's just numbers.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

If anyone

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ConnorSlivensky 

You are right about the limitations of the approach vs your previous structure. There are a couple of ways to think about it:

1. Hopefully the improved SEO, ranking, taffic and leads that combining your resources into a pillar page may be able to drive will outweigh the reduced granularity of those analytics
  2. If you have Marketing Hub Enterprise, you could use events to log those actions into the contacts' timelines
  3. If your resources are meaty enough, you could keep them on seperate pages while moving toward the linking structure that makes pillar pages sucessful - ProfitWell's SaaS project is a pretty good example of this approach. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ConnorSlivensky 

You are right about the limitations of the approach vs your previous structure. There are a couple of ways to think about it:

1. Hopefully the improved SEO, ranking, taffic and leads that combining your resources into a pillar page may be able to drive will outweigh the reduced granularity of those analytics
  2. If you have Marketing Hub Enterprise, you could use events to log those actions into the contacts' timelines
  3. If your resources are meaty enough, you could keep them on seperate pages while moving toward the linking structure that makes pillar pages sucessful - ProfitWell's SaaS project is a pretty good example of this approach. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency