Reporting & Analytics

kneymeyr
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Associate form with campaign?

SOLVE

We have a form on a landing page that I'd like to associate with a campaign. Can someone instruct me how to do that? 

2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Update: Forms now can be associated with campaigns, which is great news. Read more about it here: [Now Live] Associate Forms with your Marketing Campaigns 

Hi @kneymeyr

Forms cant actually be associated with campaigns, but the landing page can, and any contacts converting on the landing page will be associated with the campaign. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Rafemago 

This approach will not actually assoicate the form or the contacts that submit it with a HubSpot campaign - its just a way of labelling them as belonging to the campaign using custom property. This will not affect the count of contacts in the actual campaigns. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
18 Replies 18
JaneMoore
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

The forms have been updated to add to a campaign but not the pop-up forms. (??) Please look into the pop-up forms HubSpot

Have a great day!
0 Upvotes
Babis_Mate
Contributor

SOLVE

I found a solution/workaround for this. I was able to associate a campaign with a form, via the workflows. You have to create a workflow and add it as an asset to the campaign. 

jharbaugh
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Babis - Can you provide more detail on how you did this and the structure of your workflow? Thanks

Babis_Mate
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello,

Here is what I do:
1. Create the workflow
2. Set the form submission as a trigger
3. Add one step (we always add the users to a list so we have a more clear view of the number and user info)
4. Select Settings from above and assign the Campaign
5. Turn workflow on

Voila 🙂 

0 Upvotes
Lucinda
Contributor

SOLVE

I don't see why this feed has been marked as solution found. There really should be an option to associate form submissions with a campaign. 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Lucinda 

I was able to find this post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum. Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here.

The idea is currently being reviewed.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
ClaireHsu
Participant

SOLVE

I'd like to know the answer of this one too! Will adding a hidden campaign field to the form affect new contact capturing and counting? 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @ClaireHsu 

To confirm, this approach doesn't actually integrate with the campaigns tool in HubSpot, its more of a workaround. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
dianna
Contributor

SOLVE

Our landing pages are also on Wordpress. Tried hosting them on HS for a couple of years, spent lots of money on different templates, but you get so much more functionality in the design in WP. But now I am losing the capability to collect the contacts from landing pages and associate with campaigns. This is a huge loss. If you can associate CTAs, etc. that are embedded on an external website, why not forms?? I would embed the CTA, but they don't show as nicely as WP CTA buttons. So I prefer to just link to the form.

velliott1
Participant

SOLVE

Has anyone had any more luck with this? I see on the form that I can attribute a campaign from the dropdown, but when I select one, there is no option to save.  I rebooted my machine with the same outcome. Why offer that open as a dropdown if it's a unsaveable feature?2020-07-24_16-55-37.png

0 Upvotes
RafiPN
Contributor

SOLVE

We have the same problem. We use WordPress for our landing pages so it would be wonderful to associate a HubSpot campaign just like you can for SalesForce campaigns when copying the embed code.

Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @RafiPN

In this case I would probably recommend that you create a custom contact property and set it to a campaign as a hidden field on the relevant form. 

0 Upvotes
Rafemago

SOLVE

Hi @Phil_Vallender.

If I create a custom contact property and set it to a campaign as a hidden field on the relevant form, would that count as a new contact in my HubSpot campaign, even is the HubSpot form is embedded in a non-HubSpot landing page? 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Rafemago 

This approach will not actually assoicate the form or the contacts that submit it with a HubSpot campaign - its just a way of labelling them as belonging to the campaign using custom property. This will not affect the count of contacts in the actual campaigns. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
ljgoslin
Participant

SOLVE

What if you wanted to track the attributed revenue for those who filled out a particular form that lives on a WP page?

RafiPN
Contributor

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender How would I go about that? 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @RafiPN 

Apologies for the slow response. 

Creating custom properties is pretty straightforward, read how here: Create custom properties

Then you can add this to your form, chose a preset value and make it hidden. 

This approach will not actually associate a HubSpot campaign with the form, or the contacts that submit it, but will let you log a campaign name against submissions. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Update: Forms now can be associated with campaigns, which is great news. Read more about it here: [Now Live] Associate Forms with your Marketing Campaigns 

Hi @kneymeyr

Forms cant actually be associated with campaigns, but the landing page can, and any contacts converting on the landing page will be associated with the campaign. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes