Reporting & Analytics

YvonneBaer

Assistance with Reports

SOLVE

Hi Community, 

Can someone give me some guidance as to how to pull the below reports in HubSpot;

1.  Contact movement from LEAD - Closed Won

2. Average sales days (MQL - Closed Won)

3. Number of days in each stage (Lead, MQL, SQL, Opp, Customer)

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ConnorSlivensky
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

Assistance with Reports

SOLVE

Reporting varies based on the plan you have so you may or may not have access to all of these features.

1. You'll want a funnel report. There are two options on funnels "gone through ANY of the stages" or "gone through ALL of the stages" the diffrence is obvious but good to keep in mind when adding steps. If you just care about leads and wins I would just add contact and customer. It will show a raw count of contacts and your conversion rate through the stages defined. (Can also use for MQL to SQL conversion or similar)
  2. This maybe better broken into two parts. The first is became an MQL date to became an SQL date and then the second would be the became an SQL date to Became a customer date. As for how to display that I'm not too sure, maybe @MFrankJohnson could think of something.
  3. Similarly "Became a x date" and "Became another lifecycle stage date" or the stage specific equivalent should give you what you're looking for.

Databox may have some functionality to report from the datapoints if HubSpot doesn't natively. 

Also worth noting the lifecycle stage process outlined above works on a contact level so if you have a repeat customer those won't be counted as they would on analytics reports (form submissions for example) unless you reset the lifecycle stage which is usually not a great idea. 

Hoope that helped. Let me know if you have any questions or if not mark the thread as solved so others can find the answer easier.  

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
jphilbrook
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Assistance with Reports

SOLVE

@YvonneBaer I just implemented this solution: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tips-Tricks-Best-Practices/Tracking-the-number-of-days-contacts-spe...

I created the tracker for each stage in the lifecycle. You can create reports to measure the average time in each stage. For Lead to Customer or MQL to Customer - the funnel report Connor noted works us. 

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky
Solution

Assistance with Reports

SOLVE

Reporting varies based on the plan you have so you may or may not have access to all of these features.

1. You'll want a funnel report. There are two options on funnels "gone through ANY of the stages" or "gone through ALL of the stages" the diffrence is obvious but good to keep in mind when adding steps. If you just care about leads and wins I would just add contact and customer. It will show a raw count of contacts and your conversion rate through the stages defined. (Can also use for MQL to SQL conversion or similar)
  2. This maybe better broken into two parts. The first is became an MQL date to became an SQL date and then the second would be the became an SQL date to Became a customer date. As for how to display that I'm not too sure, maybe @MFrankJohnson could think of something.
  3. Similarly "Became a x date" and "Became another lifecycle stage date" or the stage specific equivalent should give you what you're looking for.

Databox may have some functionality to report from the datapoints if HubSpot doesn't natively. 

Also worth noting the lifecycle stage process outlined above works on a contact level so if you have a repeat customer those won't be counted as they would on analytics reports (form submissions for example) unless you reset the lifecycle stage which is usually not a great idea. 

Hoope that helped. Let me know if you have any questions or if not mark the thread as solved so others can find the answer easier.  

0 Upvotes