Reporting & Analytics

gilean
Participant

Assign utm source, medium and term to contacts

SOLVE

Hi, i would like, in a zap, to assign utm parameters to my contact, in order to analyze various performances. 

is it possible to do so?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Navigate to the settings, find Properties in the left sidebar and find this filter:

properties-filter.png

Select your user name (or the ones from your team) and you should see all custom properties. (There might also be some on company level, see the first filter.)

If you found my posts helpful, please help the community and mark them as a solution. Thanks!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Navigate to the settings, find Properties in the left sidebar and find this filter:

properties-filter.png

Select your user name (or the ones from your team) and you should see all custom properties. (There might also be some on company level, see the first filter.)

If you found my posts helpful, please help the community and mark them as a solution. Thanks!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
gilean
Participant

SOLVE

all got it, u were very useful Karsten. Last question: how can I find custom proprerties? i saw I reached 10 custom properties but I dunno where they are, rather than standard ones.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say 'conversion types'. For properties, these would be the different types you can create: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/property-field-types-in-hubspot

By creating a property like this, you're adding an additional field for each contact that you can fill with values. These values can be updated by forms, imports, manually or by integrations such as Zapier.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

gilean
Participant

SOLVE

and these properties must be flagged as conversion types in hubspot?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Let's say you have only five products, than you could create five properties:

Product 1: True

Product 2: False

Product 3: True

Product 4: True

Product 5: False

A contact with these property values would have product 1, 3 and 4 assigned to them.

Whether this is a feasible solution is hard to say, not knowing the full picture and your full set-up.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

gilean
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten and thanks for your reply

i use zapier to various tasks, just like (for example) update my facebook custom audiences, fire facebook conversion API, add the lead to my email marketing tool, add my lead to kajabi platform.

this way, starting from an elementor popup, I fire a webhook and start this zap.

Another thing, is it possible to add custom field just like products? so for example, update a custom field in order to assign a contact 2 strings (related to my product)

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gilean,

Have you considered HubSpot pop-up forms as a starting point for Zapier?

Regarding your question on a custom product property, yes, that is possible. This article explains how to create custom properties. Just as a heads-up, multiple checkboxes fields can be a little bit finicky. A new form submission will overwrite, not append existing values. For example, if you have a contact that has the value 'product 1' in this new property and a new form submission comes in with 'product 2', it will overwrite the previous value and only show the new one: 'product 2'. (Appending values is possible via workflow or import.)

If overwriting is an issue and if you have a small amount of products, you could also create a binary property for each product.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
gilean
Participant

SOLVE

hi and thanks again. The overwrite is problem, because I wanna assign more than one product tu my users. hi thinked to tag solution, but I noticed that hubspot has no tag. What do u mean with "binary property?"

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gilean,

HubSpot is automatically storing this UTM information in contact properties like 'First page seen'. These properties are automatically set by HubSpot for each contact and cannot be edited. More information also here.

Depending on what exactly you'd like to achieve, you could create custom properties to save values into HubSpot contact properties. However, the HubSpot traffic analytics tool wouldn't pick up any custom utm properties.

I remember seeing another post of yours where you mentioned that you're using Elementor. I don't know what exactly you're using Zapier for, but: With the HubSpot tracking code and HubSpot forms you might be all set. (You can find a free online course on Elementor and HubSpot here.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes