Reporting & Analytics

IsaGomezTorres

Anyone know how to track booked Meetings using Google Tag Manager?

I'm running a few campaigns (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn) and I want to create pixels that listen for specific events on our page, specifically, booked meetings. We have a CTA button that redirects to a Hubspot Meetings link when people clic on it to book a demo with our sales team. 

Anyone know how to set this up using Google Tag Manager if my website is not hosted on Hubspot? I did see this article: https://modernmedia.io/hubspot-meetings-conversion-tracking/ but wasn't sure if it would work if I already have a GTM container for my own site and not Hubspot pages. 

I am super new to GTM so any advice would really help. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
paulschmidt
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi Isa,

As long as you have HubSpot tracking code on all pages of your site, you can solve for this regardless of if your site is hosted on HubSpot or not. Also, depending on where you need to report on this data, you may not necessarily need additional tracking pixels.

There's a couple issues you need to solve for:

1. Tracking from social media to your site. By default, HubSpot automatically adds tracking links to the URLs you share if you are sharing through HubSpot. If you have a very specific link you are trying to track from a social profile, then you'll want to use the tracking URL builder in your portal so that you can isolate the activities and build reports based on clicks from that URL.

2. Tracking meetings booked from social: After you have the tracking URLs in place, then you can use GTM to track meetings booked and push the 'event' to GA or another tool. With the meetings booking tool, you can redirect users to a another page after they book a meeting. If you create an 'event' in HubSpot on the page that proceeds the meeting booking page, this will automatically push in to HubSpot. You can then also create/implement a Google Analytics event (using GTM) based on page view that would push in to GA.

From here if you are just looking to create a report of people that came in from the tracking link and then booked a meeting, you can create an active list in HubSpot based on the tracking URL + the thank you page visit (that came after the calendar booking page). Or this report it could be based off of the tracking URL + the HubSpot event you created.

If you want to report on this in other platform then you would similarly need to report on the tracking URL visit + the 'event' that is triggered after a meeting is booked (based on pageview).

HubSpot Community Signatures.png 

IsaGomezTorres

Hi Paul! Thank you, I actually hadn't considered the tracking links to monitor things internally in Hubspot. We do have UTM transfers in place so that we are able to capture those in the Meetings link whenever someone arrives to our landing page and then gets referred to that other calendar page. However, I'm trying to get visibility on LinkedIn and Facebook using their insight tag/pixel functionalities so that in the future we can optimize our campaigns for actual conversions. The furtherst I got was to count clics on the CTA to book the meeting but I haven't figured out a way to actually have a tag that listens for a successful booking. The article I shared had some step-by-step to do this, provided the page was hosted via Hubspot and you could isntall GTM there, but my site isn't so I wasn't sure if it would work. Any ideas here? 

People basically get to my landing page, where they can clic an svg button that says "book a demo" and then a new window opens with the Meetings link hosted via HS. Not sure if there's a way to actually track what happens next in GTM so it fires the insight tag/pixels. 

0 Upvotes
paulschmidt

Hi Isa, If you are have a paid sales or service hub seat, then you can redirect users to any URL you want after they book a meeting. In this case, you can create a page called domain.com/meeting-confirmation (or whatever you want to call it), and then put the tracking pixels on that confirmaton page. 

You can find how out how redirect users to different pages after they book a meeting here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/meetings-tool/create-a-meetings-link

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @IsaGomezTorres 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I had a look and found the following two community threads that should help you: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Reporting-Analytics/Tracking-booked-meetings-through-Google-Tag-Man...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Reporting-Analytics/Tracking-Meeting-Events-Setting-as-a-Goal-in-Go...

You could try those steps? 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

IsaGomezTorres

Thank you so much for sharing! I tried reading through these as well, but my thought was maybe I wouldn't be able to track the bookings through GTM using these steps because mine happen in an external page hosted via Hubspot and the calendar is not just embedded on my page. We have a "Book a demo" CTA on our site that's just an svg button, if a user clics on it, then a new window opens that takes them directly to the HS Meetings Link. 

The most I could do in this case was create something that listens for the clic on that button, but I know a lot of people might drop off and not actually complete the booking which is the second layer of data that we'd love to be able to track using our pixels/insight tags to count the actual conversions (Facebook/LinkedIn Ads). Any thoughts on how one might be able to do this? Do I need to change anything on the actual page and that CTA button first?

0 Upvotes