Reporting & Analytics

SComeau
Colaborador líder

Annual Recurring Revenue Reporting/Revenue Analytics in HubSpot

Hello,

We have a SaaS service that has monthly recurring revenue. We have two issues with the Revenue Analytics portion of HubSpot: 1. We can not base the revenue analytics on the "Start of billing date" which is crazy considering we can customize this under the line items portion of the Deal. WHY can the revenue analytics not be based off of this date and instead based on the Close date. This is really messing up all of our reporting.

2. For ARR, why does HubSpot not take into account the close date of the deal. If I close a Deal in March it still adds up an entire 12 months revenue for ARR instead of removing Jan and Feb (which would not have any revenue since we started in March). Has anyone come up with a solution for these items? If we sell a subscription for $2,000/month and start in March, the Annual Revenue should only be $20,000 and not the reported $24,000.

7 Respuestas 7
Beacon
Miembro

Thank you for showing us HubSpot is like Salesforce where it can NOT do simple reporting on reoccuring revenue... so annoying.

0 Me gusta
pacooke01
Participante

We need this too. We can't use the recurring revenue features as it only facilitates MRR. We don't bill monthly or have a monthly subscription. Seems we should be able to switch the feature to annually and input annual amounts. I also noticed that if you set up a deal to expire say in November, it still tracks the revenue for December, unless you specifically input churn. 

ellejaeger
Participante

Also need the annual recurring revenue analytics option. We issue multi year contracts where each year is invoiced and paid up front (for each year), it seems like much could be resolved by enhancing line items- literally, all the data is there already.

0 Me gusta
danmoyle
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Elite

Hi @SComeau. I was chatting with a colleague @ConnorSlivensky and here's what we're thinking: 

If you're Enterprise as tagged, could you use custom fields and a calculated property that helps you 'recreate' the ARR functionality like you want? Connor says, "I don't know of a way to change the HubSpot logic for default calculated fields but that would be my first thought on a workaround."

Hope that helps spur some movement for y'all! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
danmoyle

I'll check with some of the reporting wizards I work with and report back. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
SComeau
Colaborador líder

Hello, Has anyone found a potential solution to this? Thanks so much!

0 Me gusta
TiphaineCuisset
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

Hi @SComeau 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Josh @danmoyle @NicoleSengers do you have some advice for @SComeau on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !