Reporting & Analytics

BKula
Participant

Alternative to original source drill-down 2

SOLVE

As I'm sure many of you know, original source drill-down 2 can't be exported in human-readable language. Only Hubspot's internal value is exportable for this property. This means I can't do any analysis using Excel, or any non-Hubspot program, on how campaigns perform within each channel. Our finance team also needs data on which of our paid events have ROI (captured by original source drill-down two when we upload lead lists) — this is something our board and investors have asked for.

As an alternative, I created a property called original source drill-down 3. I've gone back for all our events and webinars in 2020 and populated this property, which is human-readable even when exported. This solution works for our events and webinars because we can just add another column when uploading a lead list. However, for channels like paid search or paid social, this only works if I regularly go in and manually populate this new property. Obviously, that's not scalable.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue? What was your workaround?

1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The feature we have used for campaign touch attribution is Custom Data Objects (CDOs).  In a previous setup we used Salesforce connected to Hubspot Marketing for this as this feature has been in SF for quite some time.  However, this feature is now available in Hubspot and you may be able to build out a CDO for your reporting to be able to capture and manage this data on an ongoing basis.  

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/use-custom-objects 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
BKula
Participant

SOLVE

@SEscher I created it as a property and just have to update it by hand for all events/webinars. Each time I upload a list from one of those, I change the property en masse for everyone in that list. It works well enough for that purpose, which is fine for now because webinars/events are by far our biggest channel. But if another channel, say paid search, starts growing a lot, I'm gonna be back at square one.

0 Upvotes
SEscher
Participant

SOLVE

I am facing the same issue. I cannot believe you can't import drill-down 2 and view where your contacts came from in Excel. This is SO BASIC and such an important property to view. So, how did you go about adding Drill-down 3, to export in excel to view as text??

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The feature we have used for campaign touch attribution is Custom Data Objects (CDOs).  In a previous setup we used Salesforce connected to Hubspot Marketing for this as this feature has been in SF for quite some time.  However, this feature is now available in Hubspot and you may be able to build out a CDO for your reporting to be able to capture and manage this data on an ongoing basis.  

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/use-custom-objects