Reporting & Analytics

FGhermandi
Participant

Aggregate First Seen Pages (removing utm parameters) in Reports

Hi,

I'm trying to create a report to view my marketing funnel by the first page seen property.

The problem is that it's not being aggregated by utm or other parameters. So, I'm seeing thousands of different irrelevant pages:

Captura de Tela 2023-01-02 às 15.39.55.png

Would it be possible to aggregate this property by the URL, without utm or query parameters?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
EWood
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@FGhermandi , happy Tuesday!

Thanks for reaching out to HubSpot Community!

Since the first page seen property is an analytical property updated automatically there's not a way to remove the utm parameters from the report results and aggregate by only the root of the url. If your team has Data Sets which an Operations Hub Enterprise feature, you might be able to create a formula that reports the results as you need.

The other recommendation would to be to sort by the first page seen property so atleast the urls are in order and you could group them by page visually. The utm parameters would still be present. You could also export the results and further organize the results if needed.

sort by.png

If you'd like further flexibility in using analytical properties in reports, we invite you to the topic and your use case on HubSpot's Ideas Forum so the Products Team evaluates for future roadmapping.

I hope that helps with next steps!

All the best,

Elyse

FGhermandi
Participant

Thank you, @EWood!

With Operations Hub it's guaranteed that I can view the information in this way?

0 Upvotes
EWood
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@FGhermandi, happy to clarfiy here! With Operations Hub Enterprise you have access data sets which allows you to manipulate your data further and create further data sets. It would require understanding and testing out of the forumula syntax available to see if this resolves the results you expect.

I've not personally seen this use case. You could consider reviewing this KB article in full and then trying a free trial of Ops Hub Enterprise to test out the feature. 

Thanks!

Elyse