Ads Add-on

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Are there any resources for setting up existing Adwords accounts into HS?  Making new campaigns, seems pretty straight forward and similar to Google's setup.  

BUT!!!!!!  Existing campaigns are another story.  I have set HS to manage the ROI portion of our campaigns, yet HS reports nothing.  But, I can see in Google Analytics and Adwords that there is revenue incoming.  How do I get my existing campaigns and ROI information in synch.  I've looked through the HS site...  Nada.  I've had a couple of conversations with the folks on support and while there are typically fantastic.  They've seemed to be at as much a loss as I am.....  HELP!!!!!!!!!!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
aliciaw
Top Contributor

Pulling existing Google campaigns is possible ( https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/reports/will-my-existing-linkedin-facebook-and-go...) however we have learned a few things about this integration in practice that should be noted:

This particular doc makes it seam as though upon connecting your account successfully, the data should be automatically pulled in. It is important to note that this tool will pull in the campaign itself, but not the associated google data, or any retroactive data. 

The data that is collected in the Ads Add-On is HubSpot Specific (I.e. how many HubSpot Conversions/Form Submissions are recorded, not just links)

And this data will start collecting once the integration is set up, and will not pull past data. So if you've been running a campaign since January but only set up the Integration in May, the impression data will only contain data from May - forward. It will not also include the data from January. 

Because of this, you'll very likely see a difference in these numbers. By definition, HubSpot and Google have different definitions for their KPIs, so unless someone is filling out a HubSpot form each time they click on your ad, the numbers are probably not going to be consistent (for reference, check out this document about google analytics vs hubspot analytics, much of the logic can be applied to the Adwords tool as well: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/reports/why-do-hubspot-and-google-analytics-not-m...).

Another limitation is that it is only possible to connect one individual AdWords account to your HubSpot portal, so if you have multiple campaigns (even under the same manager account (MCC)). I would double check to make sure that everything is set up correctly. If you work with multiple clients, or on multiple campaigns, this can definitely be responsible for some confusion (...or at least in our case)!

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Thanks for the info...  It does explain a lot.  I'd assumed that past information wouldn't be pulled in, and I'd accounted for it.  What we were disappointed to find, was that it doesn't fully integrate with Analytics.  From subsequent conversations with the folks at HS, it is really a tool for those in a B2B business and is not  truly meant for B2C.  The former more heavily  relys on filling out a form and then deals are then MANUALLY created for that contact.  Whereas B2C rely more so on actual or immediate online sales.  It would be impractible for any company to even try to create every deal for every online sale (can you imagine creating literally thousands of deals, each and every day BY HAND.......).  Thus, there is no way for a B2C business to use the Ad's product fully to track a persons movement from search to purchase.

0 Upvotes