Reporting & Analytics

acceleratemedia

Adding external campaigns for lead tracking

SOLVE

The main goal that we are trying to accomplish is to have a way to view all of our sources of leads along with how much we are spending on each of them combined with the number of leads generated by each service to give a general metric of how much we are spending per lead from each source.

I am a developer who is not familiar with Hubspot's capabilities but have been filled in by some of our marketing team and was directed here for questions. I would appreciate any help but also if I could be directed to any other sources of information for answers it would be greatly appreciated.

So, from what I have currently been told, the place where most of this information already exists is in the 'Campaigns'. Which, if I log in and go to Marketing > Ads from the main navigation I arrive at this page. I see a list of campaigns with impressions, clicks, total spent, etc. It looks like what is showing on this page is a list of campaigns that have been added through connected 'Ad Accounts' for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google Ads.

What we would like to do is add additional campaigns from our other sources (Bing, SoftwareSuggest, betterbuys.com, etc) and to have the metrics from those sources on this page so we can view all of this data in one place. However, I see no way to add campaigns from external sources with their data. Is this possible?

I have read the following:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Reporting-Analytics/Outbound-Campaign-Tracking/m-p/196890#M662

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Campaigns-Buckets/m-p/275797

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/campaigns/create-campaigns#create-a-campaign

However, these don't seem to answer what we are looking for. Creating a campaign and adding assets doesn't seem to be correct for this because all of the data about conversions is going to be pulled in from our external accounts. Ultimately, I am tasked with using the APIs of our other accounts and Hubspot's API to pull all of this data into one spot so we can have all of our metrics in one area for good reporting.

If this is not possible, what other options do we have to to accomplish this? I know that there are custom reports, but I do not know how we can bring in and store the data from our other ad campaign sources to display in a custom report.

Please let me know if there are any more details that I can give or questions that I can answer. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Tracking of leads (aka Contacts in HubSpot) from external sources is certainly something HubSpot can do for you if they converted on a HubSpot-tracked page -- i.e., a page that has the HubSpot tracking code installed. If not, this is something HubSpot can track for you GOING FORWARD via a variety of methods.

The contact source data you're looking for is stored in three (3) HubSpot contact properties for each individual contact (when available) -- Original source, Original source drill-down 1, and Original source drill-down 2.

- see Understand 'Original source drill-down' properties

You may also find the following helpful when trying to make sense of HubSpot source reporting.

- see Contacts added to HubSpot from an offline source

- see Traffic analytics | Frequently Asked Questions

- see Understand HubSpot's traffic sources in the traffic analytics tool

Head's up. Source tracking and reporting can lead to premature balding. At the very least, additional gray hair. 🙂

Recommendation: Get an experienced HubSpot person involved as early in the process as possible.

-ps

Costs associated with sources reporting is another conversation entirely.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Tracking of leads (aka Contacts in HubSpot) from external sources is certainly something HubSpot can do for you if they converted on a HubSpot-tracked page -- i.e., a page that has the HubSpot tracking code installed. If not, this is something HubSpot can track for you GOING FORWARD via a variety of methods.

The contact source data you're looking for is stored in three (3) HubSpot contact properties for each individual contact (when available) -- Original source, Original source drill-down 1, and Original source drill-down 2.

- see Understand 'Original source drill-down' properties

You may also find the following helpful when trying to make sense of HubSpot source reporting.

- see Contacts added to HubSpot from an offline source

- see Traffic analytics | Frequently Asked Questions

- see Understand HubSpot's traffic sources in the traffic analytics tool

Head's up. Source tracking and reporting can lead to premature balding. At the very least, additional gray hair. 🙂

Recommendation: Get an experienced HubSpot person involved as early in the process as possible.

-ps

Costs associated with sources reporting is another conversation entirely.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes