Reporting & Analytics

ALegToStandOn
Participant

Adding 'List size over time' and other Reports to Dashboard

SOLVE

Hello! 

We are a nonprofit using hubspot's marketing platform. I am trying to figure out how to add Hubspot's 'List size over time' -- viewable when you go to Lists' Performance over time -- to a dashboard, or at the very least re-create this report. 

Has anyone been able to do this? It would be very helpful to be able to look at multiple lists' performances at the same time on a Dashboard. 

This is critical to our account in particular because we are a nonprofit and Hubspot's non-editable life-cycle stages do not pertain to our business. We use lists instead in order to track contacts/donors at different stages.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ALegToStandOn,

Have you considered creating a custom dropdown property to document the current lifecycle stage? This would a dropdown listing all your custom stages. You could place this in the contact record sidebar for easy access.

Using a dropdown property, you could also filter whether a value "has ever been" or "has never been" – checking whether a contact has ever been in a certain lifecycle stage.

With a Professional subscription, you could also make use of date stamps. This gives you some more options in reporting. You won't be able to create those beautiful funnel reports but at least you'll easily be able to tell when a contact entered a new stage.

For each phase, you would create a custom date property "Became a [custom lifecycle stage] date". You could then create a workflow that enrolls contacts based on their value in your custom dropdown property. The only action of this workflow would be to set a property value to your custom date property – to "Date of step".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

This has now been delivered as you can see here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/List-Performance-Reports-in-Dashboards/idi-p/292082 

Thank you all for the valuable feedback.

MKaulen
Participant

SOLVE

We would love to see this added as an available report as well. We use a list to keep track of our blog subscribers and the 'List size over time' chart is a great view for us to see the expansion of our subscriber base. We want to add it to our monthly report but it isn't available.

jmgrand
Contributor

SOLVE

Because this information is obviously available in HubSpot (via the list size over time view), I'd also like to see this as a report that we can use to add to dashboards. The use case for us would be to monitor marketing activity that's contributing to increases in our database (or event registration or...) and to monitor where our spikes are coming from (we use many different HS integrations, so not everything is contained neatly in HS).

We'd like to do this without adding more custom properties to our already bloated property list. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ALegToStandOn,

Have you considered creating a custom dropdown property to document the current lifecycle stage? This would a dropdown listing all your custom stages. You could place this in the contact record sidebar for easy access.

Using a dropdown property, you could also filter whether a value "has ever been" or "has never been" – checking whether a contact has ever been in a certain lifecycle stage.

With a Professional subscription, you could also make use of date stamps. This gives you some more options in reporting. You won't be able to create those beautiful funnel reports but at least you'll easily be able to tell when a contact entered a new stage.

For each phase, you would create a custom date property "Became a [custom lifecycle stage] date". You could then create a workflow that enrolls contacts based on their value in your custom dropdown property. The only action of this workflow would be to set a property value to your custom date property – to "Date of step".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ALegToStandOn
Participant

SOLVE

I have but I did not know about the 'has ever been" feature and the "became a () date." I'm going to look more into this -- thank you so much for your help!!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ALegToStandOn,

Leaving lists aside for a moment, what would be your end goal, which quality / characteristic are you trying to monitor and how does that fit into your overall process? An alternative solution here would likely not involve lists at all.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

ALegToStandOn
Participant

SOLVE

I'm trying to monitor our lifecycle flow --- topline would be from contact to donor to recurring donor etc. Like for-profit businesses, we cater our communications depending on what stage of the lifecycle they are in.

To more accurately and efficently measure the success of these communications I want to be able to measure the rate at which our contacts move through our lifecycle funnel.

From my brief research into this, the funnel report seems to only work with Hubspot's out of the box lifecycle stages. 

So I've been using lists because the criteria updates automatically and I can analyze the performance. 

But a more ideal recreation would allow me to see which contacts are moving into which new life-cycle stages -- not just looking at a list and seeing if the list went up or down...because then I don't know automatically where the contact went.

Thanks for your help!!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ALegToStandOn,

This has been requested by other users in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community but is currently not planned by the HubSpot product team, unfortunately. Still, I'd recommend upvoting and commenting on the thread. The product team reviews these requests based on popularity.

Can you explain what exactly you want to report on and what subscription you're on? Maybe there is a workaround that I can share.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

ALegToStandOn
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your response! We have the Marketing Professional subscription. I am trying to more effectively monitor our list performance. Since Hubspot lifecycle labels/criteria are not editable, and as a nonprofit have greater difficulty translating our lifecycle stage to theirs, we use the Lists to track where people are. However it is not ideal that to check the performance of each list, I have to go in individually to each one. I was hoping to create a dashboard that monitors in a central location.