Reporting & Analytics

tel_mark
Participant

Active list of customer who open a particular marketing email more than, say, 3 times.

SOLVE

Is there any way of creating an active list of customers who have opened a particular email more than, say, 3 times? I can filter the email down to 'Opened' and 'Read' but I want to create a list where they have opened and read the email more than once.

Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Active list of customer who open a particular marketing email more than, say, 3 times.

SOLVE

Hi @tel_mark,

This is not possible at this stage. Marketing email activity can only be filtered by date of the interaction, not by the amount of interactions with one particular email. I'm also not aware of any workarounds here. (Unless you're interested in clicks, then you could filter by the amount of times a certain page was viewed.)

With email clients opening emails in the background to scan for potential threats, this information would – unfortunately – also not be very accurate. Also consider that sometimes recipients open an email again almost aimlessly while working through their inbox. I wouldn't use this as the starting point for any automation or segmentation even if this was possible. Clicks are probably are more trustworthy metric here, they could be "read" by looking at the number of times someone views a page.

Probably not the answer you were looking but these are import considerations, I'd say.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @tel_mark,

This is not possible at this stage. Marketing email activity can only be filtered by date of the interaction, not by the amount of interactions with one particular email. I'm also not aware of any workarounds here. (Unless you're interested in clicks, then you could filter by the amount of times a certain page was viewed.)

With email clients opening emails in the background to scan for potential threats, this information would – unfortunately – also not be very accurate. Also consider that sometimes recipients open an email again almost aimlessly while working through their inbox. I wouldn't use this as the starting point for any automation or segmentation even if this was possible. Clicks are probably are more trustworthy metric here, they could be "read" by looking at the number of times someone views a page.

Probably not the answer you were looking but these are import considerations, I'd say.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

tel_mark
Participant

SOLVE

No, that is a good answer - it means that we stop looking down this rabbit hole!

Thank you!