Reporting & Analytics

Phisher
Contributor

Accurate Reporting including Offline Sources

Hello Hubspotters. I am hoping someone else has long ago figured out the solution to my dilemma, since it's a basic, marketing 101situation. My boss paid a ton of money for this tool and wants to know "Did we get any deals from marketing effort X?"

To accommodate her, and emphasize moving through the funnels as success, I want to be able to do two things:

• Build an aggregated report that shows how many leads from each marketing effort are at various stages along the marketing and sales funnel (not an attribution report, which is channel focused, but one by marketing efforts)
  • Report on the success of individual marketing efforts, both online and offline (ads, for example, has a way to see impressions and clicks and contacts, but nothing that tracs a contact beyond that to, say, an MQL or a closed deal.

How are others doing this?

Is there a way to build a report that looks something like this:

Activity

Sub.

Lead

MQL

SQL

Opp.

Cust.

Plumbing Today 2019 booth

Direct Mailer  6/19

Linkedin Ad

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Jprybylo
Participant

Yep, I have the same issue with the Campaign tool. Two suggestions that may work if you're small enough. 

1- Create static lists for each campaign - You can then run a report by lifecycle stage to see how each contact sits in the campaign. Note you will have to create a report for each campaign there are potential contacts that can sit in multiple. 

2- Set up your tracking to use "First Campaign Conversion" or create a custom field if you need to manually adjust it. The key here is tagging the contact with a Campaign ID the first time the convert.  You can then create a report similar to above but as a single view since each contact can only be attributed to one campaign. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Upvotes
Phisher
Contributor

Thank you for boosting my post @natsumimori and thank you for the quick responce @Bryantworks.  Although, I don't think I'll be able to convince my boss to spend that much more on this (I plan on talking it over with her but I'm sure she'll say the price jump is toop big for a company our size). So, I need to find a work araound. I'm thinking of creating a custom property that we can use in combination with Original Source and update based on where Offline leads come from. We'll map it in list uplaods, and  I'll have to rely on the sales reps to consistantly update it as they manually add contacts to the CRM. Now what I don't know is if we can populate that property from internally traced activities like "LinkedIn DrainClear ad 1" or "October month end email 1" etc. 

Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hey @Phisher (thanks for the tag @natsumimori ),

I think what you're looking for here is the campaign tool.  With this you can associate blog posts, landing pages, emails, social posts etc. back to one core item then see new contacts, influenced contacts, closed deals, and influenced revenue all in one spot.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Phisher ,

Thank you for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

I wanted to tag in some Community contributors: @gabriel-nextiny and @Bryantworks , would you mind sharing your advice for @Phisher ?