Reporting & Analytics

KevinHayesCA
Participante

A report to view all lead activities

resolver

All I want is a report that shows the activities that a user participated in before buying a product. For example, our client buying cycle is about 6 months. In that time they often download multiple things, watch multiple webinars, and visit multiple pages. I would love to pull a report, even at an individual contact level that says "Ad click, ABC webinar sign up, ABC form submission, ACB Email Opened, Deal Won".

The screenshot here, from the Contact Create Attribution is actually exactly the format I am looking for (custom dimensions, exportable), but this tool only has a (what appears to be) random 2-day window. I don't know what it's attributing what too, but the format of this data is perfect! 

And, to be clear, all the data is in the activity feed! So, this data isn't new. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.01.39 PM.png

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
Jnix284
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

@KevinHayesCA Happy to help find a report that has the data you're looking for.

Under Reports, choose Create Report and select "Attribution" - then choose "how are my marketing assets generating leads over time"

Jnix284_0-1663811199494.png

From there, you have several filter options, you can adjust the frequency, etc.

Once you save to a dashboard, you can export the data.

The nice thing is that not only can you click on any of the results to see the details, you can also export the data individually.

Jnix284_1-1663811276879.png

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @KevinHayesCA,

+1 to @Jnix284's recommendation to use attribution reports here. Once you've found the correct one, these can be very powerful.

You're mentioning that you're interested in activity before a purchase. In that case, make sure to have a look at not just the Contact create reports but also the Deal create and Revenue reports. Depending on your subscription, you might not have access to those (they might show up with a small lock).

These reports are not looking at the types of assets, interaction sources, channels that influence the creation of a contact but actual revenue or customers. For example, "How are my marketing assets creating deals over time". Once in this report, you can set a filter in the left sidebar for Deal stage and only report on marketing assets that drive won deals ( = purchases). This is assuming that you're using deals to track your sales.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @KevinHayesCA,

+1 to @Jnix284's recommendation to use attribution reports here. Once you've found the correct one, these can be very powerful.

You're mentioning that you're interested in activity before a purchase. In that case, make sure to have a look at not just the Contact create reports but also the Deal create and Revenue reports. Depending on your subscription, you might not have access to those (they might show up with a small lock).

These reports are not looking at the types of assets, interaction sources, channels that influence the creation of a contact but actual revenue or customers. For example, "How are my marketing assets creating deals over time". Once in this report, you can set a filter in the left sidebar for Deal stage and only report on marketing assets that drive won deals ( = purchases). This is assuming that you're using deals to track your sales.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KevinHayesCA
Participante

resolver

Super interesting! Thank you Jennifer. As I suspected (though probably didn't come across as I did), I just don't know how to use reporting in the best way. I think this is going down the right path! Thank you!!

Jnix284

resolver

@KevinHayesCA you're welcome, happy to help!

It has taken many years and completing the Reporting Certification before I really felt like I knew what I was doing with building custom reports, and I still learn new things every day!

Best of luck, if you run into questions along the way, you know where to find us 😉

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jnix284
Solución

resolver

@KevinHayesCA Happy to help find a report that has the data you're looking for.

Under Reports, choose Create Report and select "Attribution" - then choose "how are my marketing assets generating leads over time"

Jnix284_0-1663811199494.png

From there, you have several filter options, you can adjust the frequency, etc.

Once you save to a dashboard, you can export the data.

The nice thing is that not only can you click on any of the results to see the details, you can also export the data individually.

Jnix284_1-1663811276879.png