Remote Work

jnaranjobotero
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Working remotely from the country side

"Every sacrifice has a great gift up its sleeve, a great present"

Joganda 

I have been living in the country for about two weeks now and my heart feels at home. I'm not going to lie to you, it has been quite a challenge to give up so many attachments, customs and above all comforts. Leaving behind friendships and activities such as: going to the movies, eating in restaurants, Sundays of hiking, or watching existentialist movies with friends and then cooking as a team, yoga classes with my students, among many others. A cycle closes in which the first bases of my self-knowledge and self-love were cemented whilst multiple doors are opening, revealing new paths of peace and love. 
First challenge: to install wifi in the middle of the countryside where cellphone signal is unknown; I have no chance than to rely on the good reputation of the one and only company that gets here, there is no other way to do it (poker face). 

Balancing the workload along with the obligations of my new home is a new test; begin by getting used to the constant fluttering of flies (who have nothing else to do but to come and "play with me" when I am trying to focus on my tasks); taking every itch of the mosquitoes as kisses from mother earth; embracing the inebriating smell of compost....

Challenges and more challenges, which, looking at them from a broader perspective, are minuscule compared to all the benefits they bring. What could be more incredible than waking up to the crowing of the rooster and the birds, almost without the need of an alarm; Doing yoga breathing the deep and pure prana latent in the air, having as landscape a beautiful sunrise  - harmonized by the flight and soundtracks of birds. After a while, drinking a delicious orange juice accompanied by a tasty banana, both grown on the farm. Then, tooking an exquisite bath with water from an abundant bamboo reserve; to later start working with all the initiative, peace and harmony. In the middle of the day, in order to rest the mind, going for a walk in the meadows; taking off my shoes and enjoying the energy discharge and recharge; contemplating horses and cows;  picking up lemons for the lunch salad; and why not when returning home, hugging a tree and connecting directly with nature and its ineffable wisdom.  After that break, let's be honest, who doesn't come back to work with all the clarity of thought and willigness to take their productivity to another level. Ending the workday satisfied and fulfilled knowing that I left everything on the field, and that I accomplished the goals of the day, or better yet, of the week, and proceeding to enjoy a delirious coffee - from small coffee growers in the region - while a beautiful ray of sunlight descends quietly down my cheeks and colors the landscape with its reddish, pink and violet tint, in unison with the stridulation (cri - cri) of the crickets or the (croak - croak) of the frogs.

This is what I now call balance. I believe that in order to have a true quality of life, it´s a must to silence reason for a few moments and give way to the feeling of the heart.

Thank you for observing yourself through my words.

Namaste - My inner light recognizes and embraces your inner light.

Joganda
desde mi nuevo hogar jamaica.jpg

Joganda
4 Replies 4
MThompson4

I loved this. Thanks for sharing! 

jnaranjobotero
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thank you for reading my words and give them more power with your energy! Namaste

Joganda
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Beautifully written text, @jnaranjobotero!

I really enjoyed reading it 🙂 

Thanks for sharing! 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
jnaranjobotero
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I´m very glad you connected with it. Thanks for taking the time to read it. Namasté

Joganda