Remote Work

Eugenia
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Share your helpful content with the HubSpot Community

Hi Community,

Several of you have asked us how you can share free and helpful content on navigating the current times that you're creating for your audiences with all HubSpot users. This thread is a great place to do it.

Feel free to share your resources on topics like remote work, managing remote teams, homeschooling, best practices for specific industries - really, anything relevant to the changing world we're living in.

Thank you for being such a supportive community, as always!

Eugenia

46 Replies 46
CEra533

You can use Formstack's HIPAA compliant Forms for patient consumption and using the Hubspot integration pass non-medical facts (call, e mail, cope with) to Hubspot for advertising purposes.

jsBBT

Hi all,

Jenn from BirdBrain Technologies, here. We are a creative robotics company that makes robots and robot maker kits for K-12 and college classrooms.

With the shift to online learning, we created free resources for educators, parents & students to continue learning coding and robotics from home. These include live, interactive classes, robot building & programming courses, and a set of live streamed robots that can be programmed over the internet for free.

Check out all our "At Home" resources here to keep on learning or try something new!

Hope this is helpful!

jdenfield
Participant

Hi all! This is Jenn from Emergenetics International. We're an organizational development firm that helps organizations improve communication, collaboration, productivity and employee engagement by utilizing insights into the way their employees prefer to think and behave. 

We recently put together a few resources that I thought I'd share:

• COVID-19 Response Page - This page compiles templates and blog posts that offer tips through the lens of Emergenetics to help you use a cognitively diverse approach to address challenges like navigating stress, communicating change, supporting productivity, culture building with remote workforces and managing remote teams.
  • Nine Tips to Strengthen Trust with Remote Teams - Our latest blog post for distributed teams.

Hope this material is helpful!

0 Upvotes
DominiqueLiard
Participant

Hi Eugenia and Hubspot Community,

There were some great tools in Hubspot recent blog on remote work. I can recommend a few more you could add to this extensive list:

• Toggl: if you're working on multiple projects at once and need to report to a manager or bill a contractor at the end of the project, Toggl will help you track how many minutes/hours you spend on a specific project or task. Great tool to also assess if you're working more in this social distancing period.
  • Pomodoro: there are many Chrome extensions I use to force me to take regular breaks. My favourites are Marinara Pomodoro and MoveIt

Dominique

0 Upvotes
maxalexander
Participant

Hi all!

I work for SnapComms, an internal communication software company. We help businesses get employee attention through our software which bypasses email to inform and engage employees.

During this time we have produced a variety of resources to support businesses in communicating effectively with their employees - from leadership communications, health and wellbeing, and remote working.

We have also recently produced a blog to help businesses as they start to consider the process of returning to the workplace as lockdown levels/mandates change.

Thanks for reading - stay safe all!

0 Upvotes
CrystalT
Participant

Greetings All!

Crystal from Simpleview here. We are a software company that supports destinations and their agencies with marketing, CRM, CMS and other digital services.

We have created a microsite focused on status updates to the tourism industry along with different ideas for handling data, website content and working virutally. The formats vary from blog posts to webinars to interviews etc. There's a lot of good info that can be utilized across the board. 

COVID-19 Tourism Industry Resource Page

Even if tourism is not your industry, if you are looking for some local time fillers, I suggest to look up your local destination website. Simply type in 'Visit [your city]' and check out the content coming in - the level of creativity has been absolutely amazing! 

Thank you! Keep safe and happy!

Crystal

0 Upvotes
steffiSV

Hey everybody! My name is steffi from smartvillage in Munich. We're a workspace- and coworking center with two locations in Munich and Finland. Even this might not be the most original content at this timing, we're still in the middle of this pandemy, so I guess this kind of content will be relevant for a while.  

In the mid of march our business has completely collapsed. From full capacity to 0% sales. That hurts. We're still working remotely most of the time. Nevertheless, our team spirit is more tangible than ever before. We have developed 4 phases to keep the team spirit high. Also some tips on how to implement these 4 phases in concrete terms! 

The 4 phases:
https://www.smart-village.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Final_How-to-overcome-the-corona-crisis-as-...

How to implement them in concrete terms: 
https://www.smart-village.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Linkliste-Corona-Times.pdf 

The two documents are included in this blogpost (which is in german, so might be less relevant): https://www.smart-village.com/de/corona-times/wenn-die-black-swan-theorie-wirklichkeit-wird-so-kreat...

Maybe that's useful for somebody else too? Reach out if questions are coming up! 🙂 
All the best to each of you! 

Steffi

JSchaeffler

We're all working from home. But, is it working?

Today and tomorrow I am hosting 2 global thought leader sessions with experts from technology, operations and business who will discuss how to succeed in a remote working environment with SEDNA. (www.sedna.com)

To my friends in APAC region, join us April 28 at 9am SGT to hear from Rod Steel  at Wallem Group  and Alan Ong  from Clearlake Gunvor Group Ltd .

RSVPhttps://bit.ly/2Seg7vN

If you live in EMEA or Americas, join me April 28 at 3pm BST to hear from Tracy Leah  at Sturrock Grindrod Maritime and Ha Eun Ruppelt  from Ardmore Shipping Corporation .
RSVP
:
https://bit.ly/2KD7kiL

0 Upvotes
MollySC

Hi all,

I am the Marketing Manager for Stratton Craig. 

We're a copywriting agency with over 30 years experience creating content for businesses across a range of sectors. 

Given how important words are right now, and how difficult they can be to write - we've produced a page of resources to help individuals and businesses to find the right words.  https://www.strattoncraig.com/coronavirus/

These resources range from in-depth articles, checklists and ways to keep yourself motivated when writing copy. 

I hope this helps, and I'm more than happy to answer any questions from the community about how to tell your story during this crisis. 

Ian_HubSnacks
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Hi it's Ian, the Founder of HubSnacks.

We only get paid when we're delivering the service.

Here's a short and easy read I put together on how we keep a remote team of 28 HubSpot experts delivering through this, and any crisis.

https://info.juicetactics.com/do-not-stop-delivering-plan-from-hubsnacks

The techniques I share were baked in 3 years ago, and we've not missed a beat yet.

Sorry, but we no longer accept new White label subscriptions but the information I share will be super valuable. 

If you're an agency and need help implementing any of the strategies, hit me up on ian@juicetactics.com, and I've got something for you.

Onwards and Upwards,

Ian

CLEVERLynn

Hey all!

My name is Lynn and I am the Inbound Marketing Manager at CLEVER The Influencer Marketing Agency.

“Virtual” is today’s office address. Even before the global pandemic that sent most of us to home offices, many companies offered virtual work opportunities. CLEVER is one of them.

New to “#WFHlife?” CLEVER has 10 years of experience building a strong, distributed workforce, and we’re sharing our tips to help make your daily routine happier, healthier, and more productive.

CLEVER was founded in 2009 as a virtual business, and we have grown to a team of almost 40 full-time employees across ten states and two countries. We do WFH well. CLEVER has exceptionally high employee tenure, exceptionally low employee turnover, and we are certified as a Best Place to Work. Here is what we know: a strong, consistent, and thoughtful culture is the most important foundation for a team to achieve and thrive in a virtual workplace.

Here’s how we do it.  https://info.realclever.com/virtual-workforce

aliciahunt

Hello Everyone,

I work for Koan, a collaborative way to manage goals and OKRs across organizations. We've been receiving a lot of inquiries on how to keep remote teams aligned and engaged during this time. Here are some links to resources that we have created:

Feel free to email me directly with any questions about this! alicia@koan.co

Stay safe!

Alicia
CB1
Participant

Hi Community Members,

Passage Technology has been a 100% remote company since our inception in 2008, and we’re here to help you in this new way of working with our apps. 

• Milestones PM+ is a cross-industry, project and process management tool for Salesforce that is customizable and a 100% Salesforce native. It's perfect for keeping remote teams on the same page.
  • Prioritization Helper is also a 100% Salesforce native and supports Classic and Lightning Experience. With Prioritization Helper, teams can easily reach a consensus, or prioritize their objectives in order of importance while understanding how a decision was made.  

To learn more contact sales@passagetech.com

Milestones PM+

https://www.passagetechnology.com/milestones-pm-plus-overview

Prioritization Helper

https://www.passagetechnology.com/prioritization-helper-overview

dani_k
Participant

Heart

0 Upvotes
ryanruud
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Awesome idea for a thread and hope everyone is staying healthy and sane!

We reached out to several business owners, managers, and talent leaders to get their thoughts on how to build culture, rapport, and provide support while onboarding new employees in a remote work environment. 

CrystalT
Participant

This is GOLD!

0 Upvotes
ReneeB
Participant

Hi, Renee from Align here. We work with SMBs and business coaches around the world to help businesses run better. We have tapped into our resources to be able to provide new content daily which is all available on a mini-site for COVID-19 Resources a few examples are: 

ErnestoBerrum

Hi everyone, 

It's Ernesto from Innovare. We are offering schools and non-profit organizations a free license to our services to help them plan and mange their data-driven goals. You can read our press release here

Our website is not optimized to show the value we bring to non-profits but we realized that our services help them improve their impact. 

Resources:

We have been working remotely as part of our work culture for the last few years. Here are some of the resources we use that have been really helpful to us. 

- Whiteboard planning and capturing ideas: Miro (this one is at the top for a reason)

- Virtual meetings: google meet (there is a plugin to view everyone on a grid) 

- Website redesign / creating one (we have found a great partner for this. Send me a message for details) 

- task and project management : Asana

- performance mangement:15/five (great way to check up on employees to make sure they are doing well)

Jillee56

Hi Everyone,

Jill here from Global Relay! We are a leading provider of cloud archiving, information governance surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to finance and other highly regulated industries. Recently we also created our own texting and instant messaging platform to help organizations meet their communication, collaboration and compliance requirements. 

We have created a few webinars on how to tackle remote work at home for these types of industries and will have more to come! Take a look! 

Join our community and add us to LinkedIn as well!

Thanks and stay safe everyone!

0 Upvotes
melissamarks

It has been so insightful to read through all of the tools other Hubspot users are using and offering. 

My office has about 60 people who are used to being in the same building everyday. It has been a tough transition for some, but we're finding the fun by using Boost Engagement. There is a free news feed tool where employees can share updates and pictures whenever they want. We're having weekly opportunities for people to share things like celebrating National Dog Day, sharing their favorite throwback photo, or Guess The Employee Spotlight. 

If you're looking for a way to feel connected to your coworkers, this is a great way. 

0 Upvotes