Remote Work

bindiann
Participant

How to get the most from Zoom integration?

SOLVE

Hi Community!

My company started using Zoom recently as we're all working from home (and likely will be for a bit longer). I've set it up with HubSpot and it's working well. 

I want to know if anyone has any tips for getting the most from Zoom and/or using Zoom with HubSpot. I'm sure there are tons of people who have been using Zoom for years and know far more than I do, so I guess my question is what do you wish you'd know about Zoom when you were just getting started? 

1 Accepted solution
Nynke_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bindiann ,

Great topic! We are big Zoom fans and use the tool for internal and external meetings and even for webinars with complete strangers. Luckily, we have been using Zoom for some years already - this made the transition to fully remote working pretty smooth. We used to have 2 company accounts for general meeting links use only (we are an agency of 8), but now every employee has a account of his/her own.

I defintely agree to all of Josh' ideas. I'll also share some of my favorite features:

• Directly calling colleagues trough Zoom. If you just want to have a quick chat about something we 'Zoom' each other. This works perfect for internal communications, because it takes out the pain of sharing meeting links or scheduling meetings on a short notice. 
  • In stead of meeting each other every morning in the office, we now have daily Zoom coffee breaks. It's really easy to do by creating one Meeting and just turn it into a recurring meeting in your calendar (same meetings link every day). Don't forget to make all your colleagues the Host of this meeting, so it can always take place regardless of who's online.
  • I would definitely recommend the HubSpot Zoom integration when organizing webinars. So easy to collect attendee and absentee data which makes it possible for you the create the follow-up process beforehand.
  • Don't forget to check security measures regurarly. You're able to set those on company level, so not all employees have to recreate the process in their account.
  • Furthermore, options like screen sharing, the drawing board, virtual backgrounds and instant reactions make the tool more fun and come in handy sometimes!

Have fun Zooming 😉

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Mhutton
Contributor

SOLVE

@JessicaH re @JackieAnderson 's reply above, do you know the answer?

Many thanks!

0 Upvotes
JackieAnderson
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Everyone! Looking for help with our recurring zoom webinars. For recurring webinars set up as recurring sessions in zoom, how do we leverage absentee data?

Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bindiann,

Just a couple of thoughts here...

1.  I highly recommend starting your Zoom meetings off using video. If you begin the meeting without video, the other person may assume that's your preference and not turn their video on either. You lose so much of the conversation without being able to see each other through the conversation.
  2. Definitely use the Zoom integration for your meetings links. Whenever someone books time with me, it automatically creates the Zoom link for the invite.
  3. Tied to the above...in your description, you may want to reference something like, "I'll be using video, it would be great if you could too."
  4. Depending on the type of meetings, I recommend not using the virtual backgrounds unless it's something simple. Often times they come across as unprofessional and even distracting.

Those are my thoughts on the topic. Thanks for the ping @JessicaH.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Nynke_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @bindiann ,

Great topic! We are big Zoom fans and use the tool for internal and external meetings and even for webinars with complete strangers. Luckily, we have been using Zoom for some years already - this made the transition to fully remote working pretty smooth. We used to have 2 company accounts for general meeting links use only (we are an agency of 8), but now every employee has a account of his/her own.

I defintely agree to all of Josh' ideas. I'll also share some of my favorite features:

• Directly calling colleagues trough Zoom. If you just want to have a quick chat about something we 'Zoom' each other. This works perfect for internal communications, because it takes out the pain of sharing meeting links or scheduling meetings on a short notice. 
  • In stead of meeting each other every morning in the office, we now have daily Zoom coffee breaks. It's really easy to do by creating one Meeting and just turn it into a recurring meeting in your calendar (same meetings link every day). Don't forget to make all your colleagues the Host of this meeting, so it can always take place regardless of who's online.
  • I would definitely recommend the HubSpot Zoom integration when organizing webinars. So easy to collect attendee and absentee data which makes it possible for you the create the follow-up process beforehand.
  • Don't forget to check security measures regurarly. You're able to set those on company level, so not all employees have to recreate the process in their account.
  • Furthermore, options like screen sharing, the drawing board, virtual backgrounds and instant reactions make the tool more fun and come in handy sometimes!

Have fun Zooming 😉

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
bindiann
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you both! These are super helpful! I like the idea of starting the meeting off with video on - definitely sets the tone (and encourages others to use video as well) - but also I like the Zoom coffee chat idea as well! 

Thanks again! 

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @bindiann,

That's a great question.

I want to tag in some thoughtleaders to see if they have some tips for you.

Hi @ajchapman20 @mike-ward @Josh @daviddoughty @Nynke_HM @Bryantworks, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !