Productivity Tools

stewcampbell

Using Campaigns to track emails sent in ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud

SOLVE

I'm seeking to find out if there's a way to embed a Hubspot Campaign tracking into emails that are being sent from ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud for the purpose of being able to see how these emails are contributing to campaigns that have several elements such as ads, social, etc.
Situation is our company has a large USA operation that is a long term user of ET/SFMC and a Canada operation that is using Hubspot.  Several emails are sent each month on behalf of the Canadian market on SFMC and we'd like to be able to track them with HS.

Help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @stewcampbell ,

I don't see any reason you couldn't manually create tracking links and insert them in SFMC emails which will at least show you the traffic on the landing pages. I'd definitely test it to make sure nothing gets lost in the double-encoding. Obviously you won't be able to see direct open/click stats in HS with that; there's no way to force a HS pixel into a non-HS email.

You can also create those tracking links directly from the campaign pages (Marketing >> Planning & Strategy >> Campaigns) which is the more logical place to find it IMO than where is mentioned in the docs 🙂

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @stewcampbell ,

I don't see any reason you couldn't manually create tracking links and insert them in SFMC emails which will at least show you the traffic on the landing pages. I'd definitely test it to make sure nothing gets lost in the double-encoding. Obviously you won't be able to see direct open/click stats in HS with that; there's no way to force a HS pixel into a non-HS email.

You can also create those tracking links directly from the campaign pages (Marketing >> Planning & Strategy >> Campaigns) which is the more logical place to find it IMO than where is mentioned in the docs 🙂

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

0 Upvotes