Productivity Tools

ChintanaHerrin
Participant

Roles and Permission for Creating Campaigns

SOLVE

I have an issue where a user with "Read" permission in the Campaign tool is able to also create Campaigns. 

Tech Support confirmed that "Read" access is sufficient for users to create new campaigns but can't edit exisiting campaigns.  I would like to request that HubSpot change the permission so that users with "Read" capabilities should also prevent them from being able to create any new campaigns. 

1 Accepted solution
ChintanaHerrin
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I did test this with a user that has "Read" only permissions and he was able to create a new campaign before submitting to Tech Support.

This is a snippet from Tech Support response..."read" access is sufficient for users to create new content, which strikes me as a significant miss for our product. I 100% agree that denying someone "write" abilities should prevent them from being able to create a campaign. It is not user-friendly that this is not the case.  With this in mind, I filed an internal roadblock so that our team will consider adjusting this functionality. Additionally, when we close this ticket out, I'll be filing it as a feature request. On top of that, I'd also recommend you post about it in the HubSpot Community... 

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
ChintanaHerrin
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I did test this with a user that has "Read" only permissions and he was able to create a new campaign before submitting to Tech Support.

This is a snippet from Tech Support response..."read" access is sufficient for users to create new content, which strikes me as a significant miss for our product. I 100% agree that denying someone "write" abilities should prevent them from being able to create a campaign. It is not user-friendly that this is not the case.  With this in mind, I filed an internal roadblock so that our team will consider adjusting this functionality. Additionally, when we close this ticket out, I'll be filing it as a feature request. On top of that, I'd also recommend you post about it in the HubSpot Community... 

Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ChintanaHerrin ,

If you have given the View settings then the user should only be able to see the already existing campaigns. The user should not be able to create a new campaign.

'Write' access gives user permissions to edit existing campaigns and create new ones, so you can leave that box unchecked 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/hubspot-user-permissions-guide

But if you are saying that you have confirmed this from your Tech support.

I will still ask you to cross check this once again

And if this is the use case, then i suggest you to put this idea in the hubspot community ideas forum https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.