Productivity Tools

FF2
Participant

Hubspot for Woocommerce Plugin merges unrelated contacts

Résolue

Hello,

I frequently create woocommerce orders on the frontend for new customers who order via telephone. What I do is:

• I ensure being logged out on my website
  • I place the customers order entering his / her information (email, phone number, …) in my woocommerce frontend

Although all customer data is completely unique, the plugin frequently merges the new customer contact to an older one I have created a couple of days ago using the same method.

Analyzing this issue, I found out, that the contacts are merged due to "matching cookies".

How can I disable cookie matching contacts merges on a specific form / in general?

Thank you so much in advance!

1 Solution acceptée
webdew
Solution
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @FF2 ,

This might be due to cookie matching on the browser. I'm not sure how you would turn that off in WooComerce but I could suggest a little trick! If you open a browser in incognito it holds no cookies whatsoever thus this would not happen - I'd suggest you reach out to WooComerce and ask how it would be possible to turn off cookie matching in this case and if not possible - you can use the incognito browser whenever filling out these orders manually.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
webdew
Solution

Résolue

Hi @FF2 ,

This might be due to cookie matching on the browser. I'm not sure how you would turn that off in WooComerce but I could suggest a little trick! If you open a browser in incognito it holds no cookies whatsoever thus this would not happen - I'd suggest you reach out to WooComerce and ask how it would be possible to turn off cookie matching in this case and if not possible - you can use the incognito browser whenever filling out these orders manually.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

sharonlicari
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @FF2 

Welcome to the Community!

I'd like to share these articles that explain this:

Collect Contact Information Without Disabling Cookie Tracking On Your Forms

Customize cookie tracking settings and privacy policy alert

I'll also invite a few experts to this conversation so they can share their thoughts

Hey @warrendavey @darynsmith any thoughts you can share with @FF2?

Thanks 

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

FF2
Participant

Résolue

Thanks a lot for your answer! Problem ist, that the woocommerce forms are treated as "non hubspot" forms in the backend, which means, I unfortunally do not have the options you mentioned above 😞

0 Votes