Productivity Tools

DarinSpence

HubSpot Engagements Endpoint No Longer Supported?

SOLVE

Looks like creating HubSpot engagements from Zapier is no longer supported?  Anyone else experiencing this?

Office365 to HubSpot Error.jpg

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
DarinSpence
Solution

SOLVE

Well, I got really close to making this work.   Then, something magical...

Suddenly, when I went to log a Meeting in HubSpot, I was promted with the text to "connect to my Office 365 Calendar."  Once I clicked that and connected, two great things started happening:

1)  If I created a Meeting in HubSpot, it would show up in my Outlook 365 calendar

2)  If I created a meeting in my Outlook 365 Calendar, it would show up in HubSpot

I haven't tested changing the meeting, but I'm very pleased with this feature!

Perhaps it was that I upgraded to the "beta" version, but I can't be sure that was why this started working.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
DarinSpence
Solution

SOLVE

So, Office 365 Calendar's and HubSpot just started syncing (without the need for a 3rd party connector like Zapier).

I can click the Meeting Button in HubSpot, invite a contact, and the meeting shows up as an Appointment in Microsoft OUtlook.

If I create an Appointment in Microsoft Outlook 365, and invite the contact in HubSpot, the meeting is logged in HubSpot automatically. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DarinSpence 

The Engagments API looks to be running normally...

Are you still getting the same error?

It's worth asking Zapier what's going on. 

Mike

0 Upvotes
DarinSpence

SOLVE

I create an event in Outlook 365, the Zap runs, and I get the attached error.

Office365 to HubSpot Error2.jpg

I reached out to Zapier yesterday as well.

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Hi @DarinSpence 

To me that looks like a date format issue - where they (OutLlook and HubSpot) are trying to communicate with different date formats. 

Please keep me posted.

Mike

0 Upvotes
DarinSpence

SOLVE

Here's the Zap...Here's the Zap...

Here's the Formatter Output to Unix (x) formatHere's the Formatter Output to Unix (x) formatThe Zap works, but HubSpot still isn't interpreting the Date/Time correctlyThe Zap works, but HubSpot still isn't interpreting the Date/Time correctly

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Hi Darin

The HubSpot API uses a date time in Milliseconds not Seconds.

Therefore your Unix time (see your screen shot "Step 2.") will need to be multiplied by 1000 before it's sent to HubSpot.

Cheers

Mike

0 Upvotes
DarinSpence

SOLVE

Great advice, thank  you!! 

I made the change in Zapier but, unfortunately, the Unix number still translates to 1/18/1970.

HubSpot Date / TimeHubSpot Date / Time

Zap MathZap MathZap OutputZap Output

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

One more gotcha!

HubSpot API runs on a "worker queue" so changes may not appear immediately.

Even after a hard refresh I still see stale data in the HubSpot CRM. FRUSTRATING.

So, I would try again and do a hard refresh and/or run a test with a fresh contact.

Your Zap looks correct to me.

Mike

0 Upvotes
DarinSpence
Solution

SOLVE

Well, I got really close to making this work.   Then, something magical...

Suddenly, when I went to log a Meeting in HubSpot, I was promted with the text to "connect to my Office 365 Calendar."  Once I clicked that and connected, two great things started happening:

1)  If I created a Meeting in HubSpot, it would show up in my Outlook 365 calendar

2)  If I created a meeting in my Outlook 365 Calendar, it would show up in HubSpot

I haven't tested changing the meeting, but I'm very pleased with this feature!

Perhaps it was that I upgraded to the "beta" version, but I can't be sure that was why this started working.

0 Upvotes
DarinSpence
Solution

SOLVE

So, Office 365 Calendar's and HubSpot just started syncing (without the need for a 3rd party connector like Zapier).

I can click the Meeting Button in HubSpot, invite a contact, and the meeting shows up as an Appointment in Microsoft OUtlook.

If I create an Appointment in Microsoft Outlook 365, and invite the contact in HubSpot, the meeting is logged in HubSpot automatically. 

0 Upvotes
DarinSpence

SOLVE

I agree.  I'm hoping it's pretty clear for Zapier and they can make a quick fix.

0 Upvotes
DarinSpence

SOLVE

Zapier provided some direction...

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 7:11 AM PST, Zapier <contact@zapier.com> wrote:

Hey there Darin!

It looks like my colleague Katie replied to your question back on the 28th, here's the text of that if it didn't make it to you:

Hi Darin,

Thanks for reaching out! Happy to lend a hand there.

Hmm, it looks like Hubspot may be having some trouble with the format of that timestamp there. Could you let me know whether those "Start Time" and "End Time" fields are Date fields in Hubspot itself?

If so, we may have to do some reformatting of the dates in order for Hubspot to be able to process them successfully. Please let me know - thank you!

Best,
Katie

Let us know if that points you in the right direction. In the meantime, I've extended your trial through February 19th to give you plenty of time to test!

--
Micah Bennett
Support Lead - Zapier

0 Upvotes