Productivity Tools

Maryna123
Participant

How do you manage landing pages and forms ever created by marketing in HS

SOLVE

Marketing creates new landing pages and sometimes forms in Hubspot. With 3 people on the team now, it will happen more and more. Is there an ops process to manage tracking that and how they will affect or need to be added to workflows, lead scoring, etc. ? What do you often use for Ops purposes?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Maryna123,

Very good question! Companies and team set-ups are different so I recommend you define your own processes for this. I hope some of the points below will help you with that.

First, suggest you establish a naming convention for all marketing assets: emails, forms, landing pages, CTAs etc. There is a great thread here on that topic. By following a taxonomy, everything else below will get easier.

Next, I'd recommend that you define ownership and quality assurance processes. Is there a dedicated person on the team to manage and approve assets or are several people working on this with shared responsiblity? Should everyone be able to create and publish assets or should this be restricted? More information on HubSpot permissions here.

If the ownership of marketing assets is shared, all processes should be documented, presented to and accepted by all, especially:

• An overview of standard asset templates (e.g. default forms)
  • A naming convention
  • The quality assurance process, ideally four-eye-principle

Once you're doing this, your HubSpot portal will clutter up less quickly but you still might have older assets that need a review or clean-up. That's why it's a good idea to  take inventory of all existing assets. HubSpot might not be the best place to get an overview, especially if you want to be able to filter by personas, purpose of the asset, type of the asset etc. In my experience, the best tool for this is Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel. This is also a way to get an understanding of dependencies between assets, especially workflows.

Defining processes will get harder the more people are involved so it's great that you're thinking about this now!

Hope this helps.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Maryna123,

Very good question! Companies and team set-ups are different so I recommend you define your own processes for this. I hope some of the points below will help you with that.

First, suggest you establish a naming convention for all marketing assets: emails, forms, landing pages, CTAs etc. There is a great thread here on that topic. By following a taxonomy, everything else below will get easier.

Next, I'd recommend that you define ownership and quality assurance processes. Is there a dedicated person on the team to manage and approve assets or are several people working on this with shared responsiblity? Should everyone be able to create and publish assets or should this be restricted? More information on HubSpot permissions here.

If the ownership of marketing assets is shared, all processes should be documented, presented to and accepted by all, especially:

• An overview of standard asset templates (e.g. default forms)
  • A naming convention
  • The quality assurance process, ideally four-eye-principle

Once you're doing this, your HubSpot portal will clutter up less quickly but you still might have older assets that need a review or clean-up. That's why it's a good idea to  take inventory of all existing assets. HubSpot might not be the best place to get an overview, especially if you want to be able to filter by personas, purpose of the asset, type of the asset etc. In my experience, the best tool for this is Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel. This is also a way to get an understanding of dependencies between assets, especially workflows.

Defining processes will get harder the more people are involved so it's great that you're thinking about this now!

Hope this helps.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Maryna123
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! 

Sure thing, I will set up our process and follow the recommendations given!

0 Upvotes