Productivity Tools

NBailliache
Participant

Forms - How to download a video submitted

SOLVE

Hello,  I used the form to onboard customer on our platform. One of the ask we have is to submit video. the customer did. On the submission result page, I can download documents and pictures but I can't find a way to download the video submitted. Do you know How I can do that? right now it open a video player and video is not loading

Nico 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @NBailliache ,

Tested it out again and the videos are uploaded to HubSpot's CDN automatically where you can then download them.

To access these files you can go to your file manager under 'Marketing' > 'Files & Templates' > 'Files' and download from there.

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 17.34.01.png

If you're on the free version of HubSpot and can't access the file manager you may be able to get there by changing this link to include your HubID instead of '1234' https://app.hubspot.com/files/1234/
but not totally sure. If not them I'm afraid you may not be able to access the actual video file.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
nthatcher-airbr
Contributor

SOLVE

@Ian_Matt Do you know if there is a limit to video file size and/or file type? I asked this question in another post here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lead-Capture-Tools/Can-you-Upload-videos-in-Forms/m-p/612457

Thanks in advance, 
Nic Thatcher 

0 Upvotes
Ian_Matt
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @nthatcher-airbr looks like you got the info you needed on your other post 🙂
Top tip is you can include a prompt to use a tool like Video Compressor  to reduce the file size if needed!
Hope this helps 🙂 

Ian Matthews

Freelance HubSpot Expert

ianjosephmatthews@gmail.com
ianmatthewsfreelance.com
Book A Chat Here

0 Upvotes
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @NBailliache ,

Tested it out again and the videos are uploaded to HubSpot's CDN automatically where you can then download them.

To access these files you can go to your file manager under 'Marketing' > 'Files & Templates' > 'Files' and download from there.

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 17.34.01.png

If you're on the free version of HubSpot and can't access the file manager you may be able to get there by changing this link to include your HubID instead of '1234' https://app.hubspot.com/files/1234/
but not totally sure. If not them I'm afraid you may not be able to access the actual video file.

Hope this helps!

NBailliache
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Ian! Awesome! thanks a lot. it worked

0 Upvotes
Ian_Matt
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @NBailliache!

Are you using a file upload field on your form? I did a test on my side and when a video is uploaded I just click 'view submission' as seen here:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 17.02.11.png

Then click on the file name as seen below and it automatically downloads:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 17.02.32.png

If this isn't happening for you I would recommend double-checking that it is in fact a file type input in your form and other than that it might be related to the file type that was used for the video or could be just a setting on your Chrome that plays videos instead of downloading them. There's some information about how to avoid that here.

Hope this helps!

- Ian

NBailliache
Participant

SOLVE

@Ian_Matt 

here is how I have it

NBailliache_0-1629475904547.png

when I click to the mp4 link, this is what i get

NBailliache_1-1629475950335.png

thoughts?