Productivity Tools

CFalstad
Contributor

Exclusive deal form for each pipeline

SOLVE

Hi!

It would be great and super helpful if each pipeline could have its own create deal form. We have four pipelines currently and while there are some similarities in the information we capture, there are enough unique fields, information that we collect across these, it would be helpful to be able to create an unique form for each pipeline.

Thank you for your consideration.

Cheryl Falstad

KleenMark

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

I agree! This has been requested by many users before: Custom 'Create Deal' form for different pipelines 

I'd recommend commenting and upvoting the thread. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

You can help others find this request more easily by accepting my reply as a solution. (I'd appreciate it!)

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler - were you able to see that new screenshot better?

0 Upvotes
CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Hopefully this will work. I joined the beta, but it does not appear I have the access. I'd appreciate any further direction, assistance. Thank you.

CFalstad_0-1671460851398.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

I agree! This has been requested by many users before: Custom 'Create Deal' form for different pipelines 

I'd recommend commenting and upvoting the thread. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

You can help others find this request more easily by accepting my reply as a solution. (I'd appreciate it!)

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten - thank you for sending me that link. I did query before starting my own thread, but did not find this one you sent. I have upvoted it and added some comments on how this would benefit my company. Thanks for your help!!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

Good news: this is now possible! This feature is in public beta for Professional subscriptions.

You can find the beta here:

karstenkoehler_2-1671099043600.png

Here's the official announcement.

[Public Beta] Customize 'Create record' form by pipeline

Dec 14, 2022

What is it?

Today, in their object settings, admins can define which properties are presented to a user as visible or required when a record is created. Now, we’re giving admins even more control over which properties are presented to users by enabling them to set conditional logic based on deal, ticket, or custom object pipeline.

This means that admins can configure the “Create Record” form so that depending on which pipeline a user selects, different properties appear as visible or required to users.

Note: These changes are not reflected in the mobile experience yet.

Why does it matter?

Without the ability to customize record creation, admins have to ask reps to fill in the same properties when a record is created regardless of the greater context of that record.

Now, admins can save rep time and increase the quality of data entered in their CRM by surfacing only the properties that are relevant to a specific pipeline when a record is created. For reps, this means being asked to fill in information that is specifically relevant to the deal or ticket pipeline they are working with.

How does it work?

Admins can customize their ‘Create record’ form in Object Settings by adding properties to the form. These properties will be visible or required in all cases.

When a user clicks “Add Pipeline Logic,” located in the left dropdown, they will be able to select one of their deal or ticket pipelines. Then, they can select properties that will surface conditionally on the form for this specific pipeline.

An admin can choose to set some of these properties as “required.” This means a user will not be able to create a new record unless this property is filled. Once they’ve saved their pipeline logic, they can add another set of rules for any other pipelines they may have.

Admins can click Preview to see how the form will look depending on which pipeline or pipeline stage a user selects. If users are ungated to the private beta "Surface pipeline stage properties when a record is created," then their pipeline stage properties will also surface in the Preview as well as when a record is created.

When a user creates a new deal or ticket, the properties that the admin has set as visible or required in the "Add Pipeline Logic" step will surface in the form dynamically depending on which pipeline the user selects. The properties that the admin has set as visible or required in the "Add Properties" step will surface in the form in all cases, regardless of pipeline selection.

Who gets it?

This beta is available to Pro+ customers. Note that this feature is not reflected in the Mobile app.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE
@Karstenhoelher – thank you for the heads-up! I’ve followed the steps to get into the Beta, but the instructions are NOT working for me to test it out. We have Marketing and Sales Professional – so I would expect them to work.

For example: under the ‘how does it work?’ instructions, the ‘add pipeline logic’ does not populate in the left dropdown for me.

Is there someone who can walk me through this next week?
[cid:image003.png@01D91161.D463A3E0]

Hope you’ve had a nice weekend!

Cheryl

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad, can you please try reuploading the screenshot? It is only showing the file name.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes