Productivity Tools

Anna7

Calculating revenue in media buying process

SOLVE

I have downloaded your Free Media Buying Template (Paid Media Monthly Budget Planning and Reporting Template).
https://offers.hubspot.com/paid-media-template

Please let me know, who you recommend calculating the revenue from each platform/site/publication.

Thank you in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MAC-MCB
Solution
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anna7  and @JessicaH .

Offline campaigns are always a tricky matter to get a concrete measurement on.

However, I would suggest that you make a dublicate landing page for offline campaigns and try to make this link ultra short so readers of print ads, or people who see an advertisement - will be able to remember.

for example: yourdomain.com/offer

If you use HubSpot CMS it is easy to indicate to google that they should not crawl this page and thus you will not be penalized for duplicate content.

Based on visitor numbers on this page, I will create a report that will give you clear numbers. 

Hope this helps.  🙂

Best regards
Martin Christiansen
MCB.DK 

Best Regards

Martin Christiansen

www.mcb.dk

Tlf.: 7012 4816 . Mobil: +45 93 63 04 95

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Anna7,

Thanks for reaching out.

Do you mind sharing more information? What is your end goal and where do you get stuck?

The more information, screenshot and examples you can provide the better the Community can assist!

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Anna7

SOLVE

Hi Jessica,

thank you for reaching me out.

I have analysed HubSpot Paid Media Monthly Budget Planning and Reporting Template.

As I understand the first table is devoted to planned publications and spendings.

The second one is about what has been realised and how much it has cost. The columns in the second table are as follows: type (billboard, direct mail, radio&TV etc.), total placements, total spend, average spend, total clicks/impressions, average clicks/impressions, total revenue, total ROAS.

When we use UTMs for digital campaigns and track traffic from digital ads, articles or social media, then we can find out the revenue. For example somebody clicked our ad at Facebook, then he was redirected to our website and ordered something for 20 dollars, so the revenue is 20 dollars. Simple.

But for not digital campaigns it does not seem so easy for me. I mean placements in newspapers, radio, TV, outdoor.

It is the screenshot from the table: http://prntscr.com/skxvn1 

How do you calculate the revenue for non digital, offline campaigns?

And another question, probably more difficult. In B2B, quite often the sales process takes weeks or months. It is not just that somebody clicks the ad, goes to webpage and orders goods. But the ads work anyway. How to calculate revenue from digital campaigns for B2B sector?

Thank you  a lot in advance for the reply.

Anna

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Anna7,

Thanks for providing more information.

Have you already had a look at this Paid Media Strategy Academy course?

I'm also going to tag in some thoughtleaders to see if they have any input.

Hi @Bryantworks @AM8 @MAC-MCB, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
MAC-MCB
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Anna7  and @JessicaH .

Offline campaigns are always a tricky matter to get a concrete measurement on.

However, I would suggest that you make a dublicate landing page for offline campaigns and try to make this link ultra short so readers of print ads, or people who see an advertisement - will be able to remember.

for example: yourdomain.com/offer

If you use HubSpot CMS it is easy to indicate to google that they should not crawl this page and thus you will not be penalized for duplicate content.

Based on visitor numbers on this page, I will create a report that will give you clear numbers. 

Hope this helps.  🙂

Best regards
Martin Christiansen
MCB.DK 

Best Regards

Martin Christiansen

www.mcb.dk

Tlf.: 7012 4816 . Mobil: +45 93 63 04 95

Anna7

SOLVE

Thank you Martin.