Productivity Tools

LindseyMaybelle
Participant

Any recipe bloggers out there using HubSpot?

Hi! Are there any HubSpot Recipe Bloggers out there that can share best practices for sharing recipes? I would normally look at plugin reiews for WordPress but in HubSpot I haven't found anything like that. Should I hire someone to create a custom module? I prefer a plugin that's maintained frequently to maximize SEO. 

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
jBlack90

Creating a custom module could be a solid choice if you're seeking tailored features, though it might involve hiring a developer. You could also explore embedding recipe cards from external sources directly into your HubSpot pages for a workaround. Leveraging HubSpot's built-in tools for categorization and workflows is another option to keep things organized. And don't underestimate the power of SEO - optimizing meta descriptions, alt tags, and structured data can work wonders even without a dedicated plugin. And definitely check out Testirecipe for further inspiration and advice from like-minded bloggers in the HubSpot realm. Best of luck with your recipe blogging journey!

0 Upvotes
Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

@LindseyMaybelle and @NMarais - This is a really old post, but I thought I'd jump in and shamelessly plug the free Foodie HubSpot Theme I put on the HubSpot Marketplace last week for the next person 😉

Demo | Free Download 

HubSpot Recipe Module with SchemaHubSpot Recipe Module with Schema

It has built-in recipe schema and you have the option to enable/disable the recipe on a post (see the documentation). You can run a sample recipe page through the schema validator to test. 

HubSpot also launched CMS Free last week (this was built as part of their Accelerator for the launch) so anyone can download and build a site using the theme!

Happy to answer any questions 😊

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact

0 Upvotes
AngelaHicks
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @LindseyMaybelle .

When you use HubSpot for your blogging, you have SEO tools built-in so you can optimize without needing an additional plugin. What kind of plugin were you expecting to find? What would it do? Let me know how I can help!

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy
LindseyMaybelle
Participant

Hi Angela! Thank you for your reply. I'm hoping that my recipe blog can be smart indexed in google and pinterest to come up in the search results (for google, the carosel recipes at the top and for pinterest the smart ingredient list in the post). 

0 Upvotes
NMarais

Hi Lindsay, 

I'm currently looking for the same solution. Did you ever solve this challenge?

Thank you, 

Nicolette

0 Upvotes
jimbanks
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

I'm working on this situation right now.

But it is complex, primarily for my client because not every blog post that is written is going to be a recipe, so building the schema into the theme might not be an option (for us) but if you are a 100% recipe site then that is the best way to do it.

Failing that you can add the code to the relevant pages in any block you have, or you can create an HTML drag and drop block and fill it in page by page.

If you visit this page you can see there is schema for the blog post (which is added via the Settings >> Website >> Blog

The organisation schema is added to the theme, so fires on every page.

The schema for the recipe is added to a rich text block, and because it is schema data it is not visible to end users.

If you visit the Stuctured Data Testing Tool you can validate that page.

Although there are "3 warnings" these are for things we are not capturing (ratings) or are not relevant (cuisine type)

The blog on this site has been ported over from Wordpress in a rush, so we are tinkering with the look and feel and generally making it fit for purpose at the moment.

But with all the coronavirus keeping people at home having a food delivery customer is a fun thing right now.

BTW if you are one of those people stuck at home and need food delivered, VINM20 will get you $20 off a box of smoothies which will last almost a month and are frozen.

I wouldn't ordinarly promote anything in a community like this, but right now the shelves in food stores where I am are really bare. We have kids and grandkids at home, I just wish I was US based and could get some of these delivered, I flew back from Florida on Tuesday because I couldn't be guaranteed to be treated if I got sick, but this was an amazing breakfast or lunch meal and kids love them.

I'll let you know if I make more progress and happy to chime in to help out if you need it.

recipe_schema_validation.jpg

Jim BanksSetup, media buying and support for ecommerce merchants using Shopify who want to leverage the HubSpot Growth Stack.
HubSpot Gold Partner
0 Upvotes
AngelaHicks
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Thanks for the clarification! There's not a quick template in the marketplace that would make this a coding-free task, but maybe someone will take this as an opportunity to build one! Both Google (documentation) and Pinterest (documentation) are looking for a Recipe schema in the HTML markup on the page, which means that you'd optimize for both at the same time. In short, while this is technically possible, it will require some technical expertise to get this set up.

Maybe some recipe bloggers can chime, too?

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes