Productivity Tools

DanFromOT
Participant

Adding new contacts to a campaign

SOLVE

Still fairly new(er) to using more of the in-depth features of Hubspot so be gentle!

I want to start a campaign to track the leads and new deals.  Right now there is not a static list.  We are hosting a virtual event (smaller with approx 15-20 people). When the sales team gets someone interested in the event, we want to send the interested person the invite, and then track from there on out.

Can we have the campaign set up, and add new contacts (daily) and send out the invite to the newly added contacts?  We have limited spots, so when they accept we want to send that invite.

Or is the only way to trigger the invite is when the list is full and send all at once?

1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @DanFromOT!

I will be gentle! 🙂 I think I'm following your workflow but please reply back with any clarifications. Here's what I would do to send individual invites as interest is determined. 

Sales person identifies an interested participant. Someone (your or sales) puts that person on a Static HS List. An HS Workflow is already in place to trigger (based on List Membership) an Automated HS Email send when a contact is added to the List. The Automated HS Email is associated to the HS Campaign and the contact then becomes a part of the Influenced Contacts of the Campaign. From there you can track your contacts from the List or from the Campaign. 

To add another step of automation: If you can reasonably determine "interest" of a participant by way of an email being opened, a CTA being clicked on, etc., you could have a 2nd Workflow that assumes interest based on your criteria and adds the contact to your Static List. Then the above process would be kicked off.

Does that help or give you an idea how this might be accomplished?

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DanFromOT
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Crystal_Hopper!  Thanks for the quick reply.  I am going to play around with it today and reach back if there is something that is missing.  I think where I was getting confused was the static list.  I was thinking I needed to use a dynamic list.  I will let you know how it turns out!

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Yes, I know the confusion. But in this case, when I might want a Workflow to add contacts + I want the ability to add my own contacts, a Static list is the way to go.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
DanFromOT
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @Crystal_Hopper, got it working!  First time utilizing all of the components so I got a little worried.  I was overthinking it.  created the static list, then the workflow to incorporate that list and the email to send (registration email).  Once I get a yes from the sales team, I code the contact property designated as a "Yes" and it adds them to the list, fires off the email and it's all wrapped up in the campaign!

Thanks for taking the time, and your help!  Much appreciated.

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Woo hoo!! Great job thinking through the process and keeping sales involved, too.

Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @DanFromOT!

I will be gentle! 🙂 I think I'm following your workflow but please reply back with any clarifications. Here's what I would do to send individual invites as interest is determined. 

Sales person identifies an interested participant. Someone (your or sales) puts that person on a Static HS List. An HS Workflow is already in place to trigger (based on List Membership) an Automated HS Email send when a contact is added to the List. The Automated HS Email is associated to the HS Campaign and the contact then becomes a part of the Influenced Contacts of the Campaign. From there you can track your contacts from the List or from the Campaign. 

To add another step of automation: If you can reasonably determine "interest" of a participant by way of an email being opened, a CTA being clicked on, etc., you could have a 2nd Workflow that assumes interest based on your criteria and adds the contact to your Static List. Then the above process would be kicked off.

Does that help or give you an idea how this might be accomplished?