Commerce Tools

MrJustinGivens
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Ouro

Upfront payment then ongoing

Hey,

With HubSpot payments, I'm looking to do the following.

3 payments of $xx/month then follow up with an ongoing monthly charge. 

I know it can be done via two payment links but it always confuses the customer. 

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

5 Respostas 5
SKhetan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey Justin,

I am reaching out to tell you that you can use one payment link to sell in the way you want to sell. 
You will have to add one recurring line items for 3 payments, the billing for which starts "at payment"
You will also have to add another recurring line item for the term length you wish, the billing for which will start "3 months delay" from checkout. 

You can then modify the dates and amounts as things progress over the contract. 
Give it a try & let me know if you bump into anything!

JackCoopersmith
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Thanks for looping me in here @kvlschaefer and nice to e-meet you @MrJustinGivens!

Question for you - are the payments for the first three months the same amount each month, and then all subsequent monthly charges are the same amount?

Ultimately with recurring payments as it stands right now, each charge will be a fixed and consistent amount so if you wanted to essentially have one subscription run for 3 months at $x/month and then keep running from month 4 onwards at $y/month, you would indeed want to use two separate payment links.

Deeper subscription management and flexibility around that object is absolutely something on our product roadmap, I'm confident you'll be excited about some of the changes on the horizon. 

If you'd like to chat about this further or get into more specifics, feel free to DM me and we can go from there! (very much the same offer for you @danmoyle, I'd love to connect at some point if you're open to it!)

MrJustinGivens

Hey @JackCoopersmith thanks for the follow-up.

Yes, the first three months are same amount. 

Then the ongoing charges are different amount. 

For example:

$7,500 for 3 months then 4 month (ongoing) $1,000/mo. 

I'll reach out to you via DM.

danmoyle
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

Hi @MrJustinGivens. As far as I can tell, it's not a feature (yet?) but if you add it to the Ideas forum I'm sure the product team is paying attention to needed features. 

And if you do, share it here and tag me. I'll upvote it! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi @MrJustinGivens,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I wanted to add some experts to our conversation.

Hey @JackCoopersmith@mvittum@bendonahower@danmoyle - Do you have any suggestions for @MrJustinGivens?

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !