Commerce Tools

RMarie

Redirect Payments Link to a Calendar or Vice-Versa

SOLVE

I wanted to ask - with hubspot payments is there a way for someone to pay and then go to a page to book on my calendar? Or vise versa. Basically I want people to book their consultation time, and then pay. But if they don't pay, I don't want the consultation block to block off my calendar

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mvittum
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks for looping me in here @kvlschaefer! What you mentioned is the most common way to book a paid meeting - create a touchless payment link and "redirect  to a different page" after checkout. 

To piggy back on Kristen's other solution, you could create a form that collects some basic information from the contact, have that form redirect to a payment link (HubSpot checkout experience), and then after checkout, redirect to the meetings tool to book time.

This would allow you to:

• Have a list of all contacts who started the "book a consultation process" by completing the form step - the list would contain both paid and unpaid contacts (but you could keep track of all contacts interested in a meeting while also preventing blocks on your calendar from non-paying contacts).
  • Then you could create a second list of contacts who have filled out the form AND have a closed won deal from the payment link (a deal is created in HubSpot automatically when checkout is completed). Plus their record would reflect a booked meeting with you 
  • This might be overkill - but if you are concerned about a contact paying and not booking, you could create a third list that has form submision AND closed won deal AND hasn't booked a meeting. This list could trigger automation to remind the contact to book time. 

Embedding payments in forms is on our roadmap for 2022 - that feature should make a process like this much easier (e.g fill out the form, add payment method, click submit, redirect to the book a meeting page) 

If you have questions our team would be happy to help - you can book time with the HubSpot Payments team using this link

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
mvittum
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks for looping me in here @kvlschaefer! What you mentioned is the most common way to book a paid meeting - create a touchless payment link and "redirect  to a different page" after checkout. 

To piggy back on Kristen's other solution, you could create a form that collects some basic information from the contact, have that form redirect to a payment link (HubSpot checkout experience), and then after checkout, redirect to the meetings tool to book time.

This would allow you to:

• Have a list of all contacts who started the "book a consultation process" by completing the form step - the list would contain both paid and unpaid contacts (but you could keep track of all contacts interested in a meeting while also preventing blocks on your calendar from non-paying contacts).
  • Then you could create a second list of contacts who have filled out the form AND have a closed won deal from the payment link (a deal is created in HubSpot automatically when checkout is completed). Plus their record would reflect a booked meeting with you 
  • This might be overkill - but if you are concerned about a contact paying and not booking, you could create a third list that has form submision AND closed won deal AND hasn't booked a meeting. This list could trigger automation to remind the contact to book time. 

Embedding payments in forms is on our roadmap for 2022 - that feature should make a process like this much easier (e.g fill out the form, add payment method, click submit, redirect to the book a meeting page) 

If you have questions our team would be happy to help - you can book time with the HubSpot Payments team using this link

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RMarie,

Thanks for reaching out! 

When using the payments link directly or an embedded share link on a landing or web page, there is an option to set up a redirect to a different page. You could include the URL of your meetings link 🙂 

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.14.50 AM.png

In terms of preventing your calendar from being blocked off from a non-paying customer, I don't think there's an automated way to do this.

However, you could create a list of contacts who have booked a meeting via your link and segment them by "Closed Won Deals" from the payments tool to identify those who paid for a consultation vs. the contacts who do not have an associated closed-won deal from payments. You can them remove those booked times from your non-paying customers on your calendar. 

I'll tag in a member of the Payments Product Team, @mvittum, to see if he has any insight on this!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !