Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JStull8

Hubspot for Ecommerce

I am building an ecommerce website and I see a way that I could bypass integrating a third party app like shopify but would like a second opinion. 

My client is non-profit and sells experiences (ie. trips to peru, etc) and has a donate option on their site. It has been recommended to me that we should set up each 'experience' like an event registration page w/ a HS payment link to buy.

Ideally we want to keep them on CMS starter and marketing strater ( ideally just CMS but could do marketing if we have to do it for functionality purposes)

The idea is that donations would be handled by Hubspot payments too.

Does anyone have experience doing this? Are there any drawbacks?

Part 2 to this question is sorting out some of the details involved during the purchase phase and post-purchase phase. Specifically we'd like to do the following

• Have coupon functionality
  • Automate purchase confirmation emails for over 15 products
  • Have the use sign a waiver either pre-purchase or post-purchase
  • Include custom fields on checkout (billing details, basic medical info, Additional info)

Given the setup I'm proposing I'm not sure if these would be possible.

If anyone has experience doing something similar or have thoughts on my setup please let me know your thoughts.

11 Replies 11
Michaelblokes

Hubspot for Ecommerce

I am curious to know how Hubspot helps in improving your e-commerce store sales. What features contribute to the promotion of sales and revenue? Tell me about the key points that boost the ranking of my site on Google SERP. Here is my site URL.

0 Upvotes
JackCoopersmith
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hubspot for Ecommerce

Thanks for the tag here @kvlschaefer and thanks for the post @JStull8 ! So it does indeed seem like HubSpot payments would do the trick for you folks, however we currently are restricted from approving folks in the travel industry - that's really the only concern I have here 😞 

JStull8

Hubspot for Ecommerce

That's ok they aren't in the travel industry. They are events. They don't sell plane/train/car tickets. Its an event ticket to go on a hike basically - they just organize the event.

Think thats ok?

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hubspot for Ecommerce

That's interesting @JStull8 - I would think events + payments would work, but I'm not on the HubSpot team. I'm just with you on this. 😊 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
bendonahower
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hubspot for Ecommerce

Sounds like a fine solution to me. 

About phase 2.

• Have coupon functionality. See this kb article https://knowledge.hubspot.com/payments/create-and-use-payment-discount-codes
  • Automate purchase confirmation emails for over 15 products If you don't already have marketing pro you will need this but it's possible
  • Have the use sign a waiver either pre-purchase or post-purchase Same, you'll need workflows but you could have the waiver sent automatically after the purchase with marketing pro
  • Include custom fields on checkout (billing details, basic medical info, Additional info) Also possible.
Ben Donahowers HubSpot community signature
JStull8

Hubspot for Ecommerce

Hey there,

A hubspot rep was telling me I needed the hubspot product library to use with payment links. He said... "The library is necessary in order to build the packages and put them inside the HubSpot link, without the library the solution isn't viable."

Is this true? If so, what benefit does it add. I've looked into it and don't fully see it's use here.
It's one of the items that would require pro - and if we don't need it, I'd love to try to stick with CMS Starter till we have to switch

bendonahower
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hubspot for Ecommerce

You can create payments links without the product libary https://knowledge.hubspot.com/payments/create-and-share-a-products-payment-link but there is limited functionality. I would try to create the payment link first and see if it accomplishes what you are trying to do and then you will see if you need the functionality of the pro edition or not. 

JStull8

Hubspot for Ecommerce

Just set it up and saw that I could link the product library to payment links. But otherwise it works like a normal checkout right - am I missing some of the limitations?

Why not create custom line items for the different 'experiences/trips' that the non-profit sells instead of connecting it to the product library?

I feel like I'm missing the functionality/benefit of the product library because it continues to come up but I haven't heard why it is needed for the solution.

bendonahower
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hubspot for Ecommerce

From what I gather about your business, I don't think your missing anything.

danmoyle

Hubspot for Ecommerce

+1 with @bendonahower here. I recently had a client with a very similar business model of selling experiences like trips. You can sell those and take donations both. The key here however is that yes, you may need to upgrade them to a pro tier. But I don't know of many free or extremely low-cost solutions out there that could do what you're asking. At least not without major customization and time for maintenance. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hubspot for Ecommerce

Hi @JStull8,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, and for this detailed post!

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation.

Hi @danmoyle@MrJustinGivens@bendonahower@JackCoopersmith - Do you have any advice you can share with @JStull8? Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !