Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to Grow Your Business with HubSpot Payments

In 2022, HubSpot introduced a payments tool focused on helping you grow your eCommerce presence from within your CRM. Since then, the product team has been working behind the scenes to enhance this tool with new features and integrations, which were released this month. I know understanding how to fold new tools into your business can be daunting if you don’t know where to start.

To help you excel with HubSpot payments, I’ll be providing resources and conversations focused on helping you master these tools. Through these discussions and guides you’ll be able to feel comfortable using, teaching, and discussing HubSpot payments. 

If you’re not familiar with payments yet, here are a few ways to get comfortable with the tool.  

1. HubSpot Academy: Selling Online with HubSpot Payments 
  2. Set up the payments tool

If you’re eager to dive in now, check out these new resources focused on helping you succeed with payments.

1. AMA - HubSpot Payments: Sell Online and Grow Your Revenue | August 2 - 5, 2022
  2. Payments Hall of Fame: Examples of customers who use payments to grow their business

Once you’re familiar with how the tool works, join me over the next few weeks for practical tips and tricks on maximizing the value of payments, and learning how you can grow your business through the new payment-related tools. 

Here’s what you can expect to learn more about over the coming months:

• Payments in Meetings
    • Why it matters: Associate a payments link to a meeting schedule page. Get paid on time from your customers. 
  • Payments in Forms
    • Why it matters: Gain more customers by creating a seamless buying experience with payments forms.
  • Payments Links in Marketing Emails
    • Why it matters: Convert your leads into customers by adding a payments CTA to marketing emails.
  • Payment Object
    • Why it matters: Store the transactional data of a customer’s payment when they pay on quotes or payments links. Use the Payments Object in workflows, reporting, and lists
  • Recurring Payments
    • Why it matters: Save money and provide a better payment experience for your customers with recurring ACH and credit card payments. 
  • Improved Checkout Experience 
    • Why it matters: Deliver a customer-centric experience with customizable checkout pages.
  • Quickbooks integration
    • Why it matters: Automate your accounting processes with workflows. Create invoices and receipts in Quickbooks with HubSpot workflows. 
  • App Collection for International Marketplace
    • Why it matters: Simplify and accelerate your payments process with payments apps. 

I’ll also share some tips on existing features, including Payments Links and Payments-Enabled Quotes.

Check out my different guides on payment-specific features and global-friendly payments apps:

Stay tuned for more guides! 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
20 Replies 20
svmehta

What about integration with zapier point? I can't seem to find it within and this limits us because we can't trigger the after checkout options without it

0 Upvotes
EAcademia
Participant

Its good for me for this intregation 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @svmehta,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you be able to please tell us more about how you would like to use Zapier after the checkout options? What are you looking to trigger? Are you using a payment link or quote?

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

svmehta

Looking for a way to pass over the product line that was purchased, so that
we can trigger different events. IE, once a product is purchased, I'd like
to send a specific email depending on what product it is. We currently do
that via our checkout carts and zapier
EAcademia
Participant

Nice history  of this 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the explanation, @svmehta!

I'll add our experts to this conversation:

Hey @JackCoopersmith and @mvittum - Do you have any insight or recommendations for @svmehta?

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

EAcademia
Participant

It's good for me to learn

JackCoopersmith
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the tag here @kvlschaefer and great to e-meet you @svmehta !

So right now we wouldn't be able to connect zapier with commerce objects (ie the payment and subscription object right now) because we don't have APIs (yet). That being said, we do have payment-based and subscription-based workflows that allow for you to move data from a given object to another that you can use to trigger really whatever you'd like.

When it comes to sending specific emails based upon a specific product, you can do this in a lot of ways - if you wanted to create a payment-based workflow with enrollment trigger of "payment status is succeeded" you can then send emails, maybe with if/then branches above them based upon the line items someone purchased. Do you think that'll get you to where you want to go @svmehta ?

svmehta

Maybe, if we set up a listening webhook in zapier.

What are the triggers in hubspot that signify payment. Ie. if someone
authorizes a payment and it's processing (via ACH), does that mean that the
payment workflow would be triggered or would it wait till the payment is
succeeded?
0 Upvotes
JackCoopersmith
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@svmehta with HubSpot Payments specifically, you'll want to use a payment record "status = succeeded" to bucket this 🙂

EAcademia
Participant

Nice history 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JackCoopersmith 🙂

Thank you for sharing!

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 Upvotes
JackCoopersmith
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@danmoyle you totally took the words out of my mouth (words out my keyboard in this case?) regarding payments and meetings and payments and forms... it sounds like payments and meeting could make your life quite a bit easier! These are very new features of ours that we're quite excited about as it helps businesses bring their products/services to market in a modern and clean way. We'd love to hear your feedback if you have any as this is a new motion for a lot of companies and I'm sure a lot of folks are out there looking for inspiration from people like you 😀

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

I love the excitement @JackCoopersmith! I'll definitely keep feedback in mind as we use them more. 🙌 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
JackCoopersmith
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the tag here @kvlschaefer, we're extremely excited about all of the progress that the team has made! I'd also add in this recent Medium post called "Finding Easy Ways to Grow in Hard Times" that I highly recommend everyone read.

Also, thanks for the response here @bendonahower! I definitely hear you regarding ACH fees but I'm happy to hear that you're seeing value out of the tools. You'll be hearing more from us regarding international expansion and other currencies in the near future, so stay tuned for more on that front 🙂 

I'm sure others may be curious so I hope you don't mind me asking.... how are you currently using the QBO integration and custom quote templates? These are two new features that we're very excited about and while they aren't exactly "HubSpot Payments features," they're very much "payments-adjacent" so it's something that we'll continue to focus on. 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's get this conversation started with our community members! 

Hi @danmoyle@MrJustinGivens@bendonahower@AMejia9@jousefm@JBohenko@AGauthier2, @JackCoopersmith, @stuartbalcombe, @johnelmer, @BSoulek  - Are you currently using one of these payments features? Can you tell us about how you use them in your day-to-day work, or how you would like to use them in the future? 

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

danmoyle

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer as always! 😊

We've been using Payments for at least one simple use: Booking consulting time with a HubSpot trainer/advisor. We have a couple of options and use them to create a custom object of "Service." 

Now that I'm seeing all the other options - like in a meeting or form - I'm going to start exploring! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @danmoyle,

You're welcome! Thanks for sharing your use case with us! 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new features 🙂 

Best,

Kristen

bendonahower
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

We use recurring ACH and it's great. Because it's interconnected with line items, quotes, deals, etc. it reduced our time to payment and made our internal comms around payments smoother. I don't need to request that invoices are created in Quickbooks or jump over to that program to create it. 

To be honest, I'm not thrilled about the direction fees for ACH payments have been going in general, but that HubSpot's fees are lower than Quickbooks make it a no brainer for any sizeable payment.

About using payments in the future.

1. I'm waiting for EURO support with bated breath!

2. We've built several custom quote templates but the cobbler's son has no shoes... We want to implement them for ourselves so that we can use the 'Quotes' tool for all it's worth, which is really a more expansive business documents tool that can accommodate proposals and other documents that we use in the sales process. 

Ben Donahowers HubSpot community signature
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm so happy to hear that recurring ACH is helping your company, @bendonahower! Thanks for sharing this use case with us, and how you would like to use Payments in the future 🙂 

Cheers,

Kristen

0 Upvotes