Commerce Tools

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Does HubSpot store credit card info for my clients?

SOLVE

I have a client using Payments and they asked if they can store CC info to charge on their own when they have permission. 

It seems like while we can create recurring payments automatically, we aren't actually storing the information to be able to charge them "when we want," is that right? 

Use case: Their customer has a subscription and they'll pay 4 recurring payments over a year, and then they'll sign up for another term and instead of having to send them a new link, the HubSpot user can Simply ask if it's okay to charge the "card on file." Is that possible currently? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @danmoyle , thank you for posting. I checked and 

Currently, storing a CC information it's not possible in HubSpot as per our terms of service.

Sensitive Information" means credit or debit card numbers; financial account numbers or wire instructions; government issued identification numbers (such as Social Security numbers, passport numbers), biometric information, personal health information (or other information protected under any applicable health data protection laws), personal information of children protected under any child data protection laws, and any other information or combinations of information that falls within the definition of “special categories of data” under GDPR or any other applicable law relating to privacy and data protection.

https://legal.hubspot.com/terms-of-service

I hope this helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @danmoyle , thank you for posting. I checked and 

Currently, storing a CC information it's not possible in HubSpot as per our terms of service.

Sensitive Information" means credit or debit card numbers; financial account numbers or wire instructions; government issued identification numbers (such as Social Security numbers, passport numbers), biometric information, personal health information (or other information protected under any applicable health data protection laws), personal information of children protected under any child data protection laws, and any other information or combinations of information that falls within the definition of “special categories of data” under GDPR or any other applicable law relating to privacy and data protection.

https://legal.hubspot.com/terms-of-service

I hope this helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !