Commerce Tools

RM88

Direct Debits and Hubspot CRM

We are in the process of migrating our CRM to Hubspot.

We run regular monthly direct debit payment collection and wanted to know how this would work well with Hubspot.

Is there any recommended direct debit service providers that can manage this within Hubspot or integrations that work seamlessly with Hubspot? 

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
MrJustinGivens
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

@RM88 couple of follow up questions:

1. Does your company store the customer's payment details or get the customer to complete a form one time?
  2. Is the regular monthly payments the same each month per customer?

Let me know those answers and I can better help with a solution of how to do this in HubSpot.

RM88

@MrJustinGivens 

1. Yes we store bank account details so we can collect direct debit payments from these accounts on a monthly basis. 

2. Mostly same amount each month sometimes can vary

MrJustinGivens

@RM88 Currently, HubSpot does not allow you to manually enter in and store customer payments within the CRM.

With HubSpot Payments, you can generate quotes with a monthly invoice amount and only accept ACH payments (bank accounts). 

Each customer would have billing terms and amounts to collect. 

Make sure your style of business is valid with HubSpot Payments first.

@JackCoopersmith anything to add here?

RM88

Unfortunately Hubspot payments does not work in the UK so this is not an option for us. 

Would you know any other ways this may work?

0 Upvotes
JackCoopersmith
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Thank you for the tag as always @MrJustinGivens , you're an absolute superstar!

@RM88 you're correct that right now HubSpot payments doesn't operate in the UK, keep your eyes on us as we move through the next handful of quarters though 😉

If you haven't already, I'd recommend exploring Stripe. Also it sounds like the feature you're referring to is known as "payment method on file" which is something that is very very much on our radar, so stay tuned for more from us on that next year as well 🙂

JonathanS
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Jumping in here as I work closely with both Stripe and HubSpot. 

@RM88 Using Stripe as your primary payment process offers a bunch of flexibility when it comes to managing subcsritpions/one time payments, saved payment methods, and even fraud prevention. 

However, making this information accessible and actionable within HubSpot is would require an intergation/app. We have Stripe <> HubSpot integration, Zaybra, that allows you to manage subscriptions directly inside of HubSpot. This includes accessing payment methods on files incase you need to start a subscription for a customer or even make an upgrade/downgrade. Zaybra also syncs susbcription information (such as billing end date, mrr, subscription canceled at date, etc.) into HubSpot so you can use that information with workflows and reports. 

Since Zaybra allows Stripe and HubSpot to do what they do best - this avenue will fully support any currency that is supported by Stripe (even if you handle multiple different currencies). Zaybra also supports BACS, ACH, Credit Card, and more.

Let me know if you have any Q's about Stripe, HubSpot, and/or how to integrate the two - let me know!

Cheers 😄

-Jonathan

MrJustinGivens

@RM88 I agree with @JackCoopersmith recommendation of Stripe. 

Before using HubSpot Payments, we were using Stripe and the integration with HubSpot is solid.

RM88

We have started to use Stripe to collect our Bacs direct debits but seems to be very limited in terms of retrying collection of payments. It seems that Stripe will only try to collect a payment once and if failed it will cancel a subscription. 

So looking for an alternative solution, ideally a processing provider that has alot of experience with direct debits. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @RM88, thank you for posting in our Community! Checking more in our marketplace here

there is not integration currently with direct debts. 

I would highly recommend you please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

To our top experts @Josh @MrJustinGivens any recommendations to @RM88 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !