Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AdamSinger-AGP
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Can I Use HubSpot to See Who Owe's Me Money?

SOLVE

I like the idea of using HubSpot to invoice my clients.  The problem is that some of my clients pay by check or feel squeemish about putting their bank info into an online payment system.  

So, if I send out invoices to these clients, I want to have a centralized place like a report where I could see who has paid and who has payments outstanding.  

I tinkered with some custom reports, but did not find anything that felt right.  Would love if someone could fill me in here.  Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@AdamSinger-AGP Are you still creating deals for these customers?

I would create a property called "invoice type" and have choices of "online" and "check" - you can automate the "online" and then manually set the "check" deals. This would let you create a basic report for how many are online and how many are checks.

From there, you could have another property called "check status" and have choices like "invoice issued" "check received" "check cashed" "check cleared" (or whatever you need) and then create additional reports to show you how many are in each stage.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@AdamSinger-AGP Are you still creating deals for these customers?

I would create a property called "invoice type" and have choices of "online" and "check" - you can automate the "online" and then manually set the "check" deals. This would let you create a basic report for how many are online and how many are checks.

From there, you could have another property called "check status" and have choices like "invoice issued" "check received" "check cashed" "check cleared" (or whatever you need) and then create additional reports to show you how many are in each stage.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

PMabmabpov

SOLVE

Ok help me make money 

0 Upvotes
AdamSinger-AGP
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.  I started working on it, and then I stumbled on to this.  Any idea where this property could be used?

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

@AdamSinger-AGP are you editing an existing HubSpot property? If so, you won't be able to change the field type. I recommend creating new, unique, custom properties so you have full control.