Commerce Tools

JCatanach
Membre

Automatically associating a contact with new deal from Stripe.

Résolue

Hey Everyone, Hubspot newbie here. 

I'm curious to see if people have a solution for my current situation. Our B2B customers make purchases themselves through our webapp. Stripe is our payment processor. 

The Stripe integration from what I've researched is a bit lit. 

I'm looking for the following flow:

Customer makes purchase (stripe) > create a closed won deal in Hubspot > associate that deal with the correct contact. 

I'm using Zapier to get the purchase data from Stripe into Hubspot. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the deal and the contact associated with each other. 

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Jamie

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
kvlschaefer
Solution
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @JCatanach,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the HubSpot Community!

I wanted to refer you to this post about associating a contact with a deal created through Stripe. Two of our experts who use Zapier, @impulsekring and @danmoyle, offer some great advice on how to achieve your goal!

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

danmoyle
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

Hi @JCatanach. First question - Have you looked into HubSpot Payments? I'm wondering if that might help, bringing everything into your CRM natively so you can create and associate contacts right there. 

That brings me to my next question - Are you using Deals to fuel your Stripe interactions? 

What I mean is this: When someone buys with you, do you have a workflow that creates a Deal and associates the Contact paying to it? Or is it just attachign a payment to the Contact? 

I believe you can build a Workflow in HubSpot that could look at a "Payment Status" property, and when it's "Paid" the workflow could create and associate a Deal to the Contact enrolled. If I were in your shoes, I'd play around with both Contact and Deal workflows to see which one works best, based on how the payment in Stripe is collected. Here's what that looks like as a Deal workflow creating the Contact record: 

danmoyle_0-1644608101166.png

Here's a more complicated version, which may be what you're looking to do: Trigger workflow in HubSpot when Stripe payment is received

Hopefully that helps spur some ideas. Let me know if you need more help! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

7 Réponses
DStaat
Participant

Résolue

Hey @JCatanach,

I'm a little late to the party but have you ever heard of Zaybra? It's a Stripe - HubSpot integration that can do everything you mentioned in your post and more. It brings over Stripe contacts, subscriptions, and transactions to HubSpot as object records and automatically associates them.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to talk more about it!

Best,

-David Staat

JCatanach
Membre

Résolue

Hey All! Found the solution thanks to the help in the link shared by @kvlschaefer.

I have a limited idea of how Hubspot Payments works but if it works with stripe, there might be something there. 

I have a Zap automation set up to do the following as the solution:
Deal Created in Stripe > Create / Update in Hubspot > Create Deal > Create two associations. 

I'd love to do the last step in Hubspot automation but I can't figure out the second step. 

Trigger: Deal marked as 'closed won'
Action: What action allows me to setup the association? 

Not a priority now that this zap is linked correctly. 

Thank you!

danmoyle
Solution

Résolue

Hi @JCatanach. First question - Have you looked into HubSpot Payments? I'm wondering if that might help, bringing everything into your CRM natively so you can create and associate contacts right there. 

That brings me to my next question - Are you using Deals to fuel your Stripe interactions? 

What I mean is this: When someone buys with you, do you have a workflow that creates a Deal and associates the Contact paying to it? Or is it just attachign a payment to the Contact? 

I believe you can build a Workflow in HubSpot that could look at a "Payment Status" property, and when it's "Paid" the workflow could create and associate a Deal to the Contact enrolled. If I were in your shoes, I'd play around with both Contact and Deal workflows to see which one works best, based on how the payment in Stripe is collected. Here's what that looks like as a Deal workflow creating the Contact record: 

danmoyle_0-1644608101166.png

Here's a more complicated version, which may be what you're looking to do: Trigger workflow in HubSpot when Stripe payment is received

Hopefully that helps spur some ideas. Let me know if you need more help! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
ClintCollins
Membre

Résolue

HubSpot payments would solve a lot of issues, any news on when it will be available outside of the US?

kvlschaefer

Résolue

Hi @ClintCollins,

Thanks for reaching out and for your feedback!

@JackCoopersmith - Would you happen to have any news on this? 🙂 

Thanks!

Kristen

JackCoopersmith
Équipe de développement de HubSpot
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

You'll hear more from us in the near future on this front, though we do indeed have plans to expand our Stripe payment processing in a pretty big way, we're also looking for early adopters to work with us in the early stages of everything in the next couple of months as well. Please DM me if this sounds interesting to you! (or anyone else reading this!)

kvlschaefer
Solution

Résolue

Hi @JCatanach,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the HubSpot Community!

I wanted to refer you to this post about associating a contact with a deal created through Stripe. Two of our experts who use Zapier, @impulsekring and @danmoyle, offer some great advice on how to achieve your goal!

Best,

Kristen