Outlook Sales Extension

KennyHaek

mail send in outlook doesnt show up in hubspot

SOLVE

When i send an e-mail in outlook, i can see in hubspot when the e-mail is opened (with a few minutes lag) but i do not see a copy of the e-mail.

Please help!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @KennyHaek, thanks for reaching out.

The functionality that allows you to view a copy of your outgoing emails in your CRM is the Log in CRM feature. The feature is enabled by checking the "log in CRM" box when you sent out a new email, like so: 

Inbox   mpascaud hubspot.com   HubSpot Mail.png

You can learn more about how to set up the Log in CRM feature in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-setup-log-in-crm

If your emails are still not being logged after you checking the "log in CRM" checkbox, let me know, and I will look into your issue further!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@KennyHaek indeed, in the article I mentioned in my previous response, you'll find a list of conditions for emails to get properly logged in the CRM. 

For logging to occur correctly:

• The minimum required User Role is Sales User.
  • The email address that you are sending from must match the email address of a user in your HubSpot portal. This prevents someone outside your company, maliciously spamming the BCC address.
  • We won't log emails that you send to co-workers based on email domain.
  • We'll create a contact when you email someone who doesn't yet exist in your CRM.

Therefore, it is expected behavior that emails to your colleague are not being logged in the CRM. Let me know if you have any more questions on this issue!

May

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
ab8140
Participant

SOLVE

About 3 or so weeks ago I noticed a a majority of my emails sent via the CRM email tool (I cannot integrate with outlook or gsuite b/c we don't use those products) have been going to my contacts spam folders. I have had a very high delivery rate up until that point for the past 8 months or so.

I noticed an entry in SORBS on March 18th (Screen shot below) for the IP address hubspot sends the emails out from. Is this playing a role in my issue? Is it possible to change the IP address Hubspot uses to send out the emails? 

large.png

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @KennyHaek, thanks for reaching out.

The functionality that allows you to view a copy of your outgoing emails in your CRM is the Log in CRM feature. The feature is enabled by checking the "log in CRM" box when you sent out a new email, like so: 

Inbox   mpascaud hubspot.com   HubSpot Mail.png

You can learn more about how to set up the Log in CRM feature in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-setup-log-in-crm

If your emails are still not being logged after you checking the "log in CRM" checkbox, let me know, and I will look into your issue further!

0 Upvotes
KennyHaek

SOLVE

I already checked the "log in crm" box and it indeed it worked if i mailed to someone from another company but when i send an e-mail to someone from my own company it doesn't work..

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@KennyHaek indeed, in the article I mentioned in my previous response, you'll find a list of conditions for emails to get properly logged in the CRM. 

For logging to occur correctly:

• The minimum required User Role is Sales User.
  • The email address that you are sending from must match the email address of a user in your HubSpot portal. This prevents someone outside your company, maliciously spamming the BCC address.
  • We won't log emails that you send to co-workers based on email domain.
  • We'll create a contact when you email someone who doesn't yet exist in your CRM.

Therefore, it is expected behavior that emails to your colleague are not being logged in the CRM. Let me know if you have any more questions on this issue!

May

0 Upvotes