hubspot crm outlook plugin issue

hi

recorded a video of our issue - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38556144/hubsport%20crm%20issue.mp4

using windows 10

outlook 2016

keep getting this same error and cant get the plugin to work

cant screenshot it because it happens too quickly!!

help?

thanks!

Andrew

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @andrewmitchem, Welcome to the Hubspot Community!

Thank you for providing that screenshot video, that was really helpful.  There are a number of different variables that can impact the Hubspot Sales Add-in install, so it might take a few different troubleshooting tips to get this resolved.

First, have you checked within your Outlook settings to see if the Hubspot Sales Add-in is disabled? This article explains where to go to see this and how to enable it if this is the case.

Second, you may want to try downloading the add in from Internet Explorer.  I know this is a strange suggestion, but sometimes it does the trick. This article explains this a bit more.  I know you aren't seeing the specific error message that the article mentions, but it's worth trying.

Please let me know if either of these work for you!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Hi

I've been helping andrew try to fix this, but unfortunately both those ideas haven't worked.

We followed them both and get the exact same result.

The HubSpot plugin isn't in the Outlook list, and using IE gets the same pop up screen (that quickly disappears)

Any other thoughts?

warmly

Jamie

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @jamiemckean and @andrewmitchem

Usually when we run into install errors there is an error message that points us in the right direction, so we may have to try a few different things.  Can you please follow the steps below to determine if the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime is installed on the computer?

1. Go to Control Panel and search for Uninstall a Program.
2. In the list of installed programs find Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime. If it is not there go to step 4.
3. Click Repair option and wait for repair to complete. Is Repair is disabled procede to next step.
4. If the Tools for Office Runtime isn't in the list of installed programs or there's no option to repair go to the following link, click Download and install the Tools for Office Runtime
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48217

Additionally, can you check to see if there are any firewalls or anti-virus software that might be repventing the installer from running?

Let me know if this helps.

0 Upvotes