Outlook Sales Extension

JohnLewin
Mitglied

emails logging to contact but not company

I sent a number of emails out to a company.

I checked log to CRM and track email.

None of the emails came up in an activity search under Contact Company

When I searched activity under contacts contacts there was the list of all the emails sent and if i open each one it showed tracking etc.

I need to open up the contact company acivity to se all activity for this company as I did previously for other clients

13 Antworten
NPathak9
Mitglied

I am having the same problem that the user above is describing. I have checked my email logging preferences and they are correct.  However emails sent to contacts are not logging as activity against the company

I have contacted the Hubspot Chat support but they were not able to help me fix this and suggested to raise the issue in this thread. Please help me fix this at the earliest. 

saige_clawson
Teilnehmer/-in

Have you been able to resolve this? I'm a Hubspot admin, and one of my users is having this issue. I went through the steps below with Hubspot support, checked to make sure the user's cookie settings were set up to not block third party cookies, re-installed the Chrome extension, and am still having no luck. 

kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @saige_clawson,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you please try out the steps that @MiaSrebrnjak suggested below and let us know how it goes?  

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
saige_clawson
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Kristen!

I had already done those steps, and Hubspot support guided me through those as well. What I figured out is that the email was logging on the contact record, and appeared not to log on associated company and deals. However, upon further investigation (and in hindsight I should've checked this first), I realized the email was being logged under the "Email" tab in the associated deal/company, but not showing on the "Activity" tab. I triple checked my filters, and emails are checked so that they should show in the activity log. Is it expected behavior that emails for associated records only show in the emails tab, and not the activity log? Thanks for your help!

kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @saige_clawson!

Thank you for the thorough explanation and examples 🙂 

When an email is sent to a contact, by default Hubspot will add that to any associated Deal timeline but this applies only to the five most recent associated open dealsOpen deals are deals that are not in closed-won or closed-lost deal stages. 

When creating a deal and associating with the contact, there is a time frame to select how much of the timeline activity on the contact we want to add to the deal. See the screenshot for reference below: 

kvonloesecke_0-1678990747455.png

If you have another example deal(s) that does not fall under this criteria, I would recommend contacting HubSpot Technical Support.

They will be able to take a look at your specific examples and screenshots, in addition to getting on a screen share with you if you give them a call. 

I hope this helps 🙂

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @NPathak9,

Thanks for reaching out!

It seems like you may have reached out to sales as technical support is not available for free users. The Community is here to help support you in this case 🙂 

Can you please try out the steps that @MiaSrebrnjak suggested below and let us know how it goes?  

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
NPathak9
Mitglied

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for getting back.

I checked out the steps that MiaSrebrnjak suggested below. However, as I mentioned, I have already checked the default setting and it includes tracking for both contacts and companies but the emails are still getting logged for contacts and not for companies. 

Appreciate if you have any other solution(s) to suggest. 

kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @NPathak9,

You're welcome! 

if your emails still aren't logging as expected after you've updated your default association settings to include Company records (as shown in @oxonthebox's screenshot above), please also make sure that you've checked the following: 

• the contact record is in fact associated with the company in HubSpot (you'll see the associated company in the top right of the contact record in HubSpot), 
  • the box next to the company association was selected in the email compose window:

kvonloesecke_0-1674763143277.png

Please note that there are two exceptions to automatic email association in HubSpot: 

• For 1:1 emails, an automatic association will apply only for contacts included in the first email in a thread. Any additional replies in an email thread will be associated only with the same contacts as the first email.
  • If a contact record was previously associated to another company, the contact's past activities will not automatically be associated to the new associated company. The past activities will remain associated to the previous company record.

If this won't help, I'd like to ask you to create a ticket for support or send me the following information in a direct message via my Community profile (if you don't have access to technical support):

- your HubID and email address,

- a screenshot of an email header that didn't log on a company record from Outlook, together with the selected associations,  

- a screenshot of your association defaults in HubSpot Sales,

- link to the contact record in HubSpot with the logged email. 

We'll be glad to have a closer look at the example with our Support team. Thanks! 

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
JSciulli
Teilnehmer/-in

I am having the same issue, as is everybody in my sales department.  Our settings are correct, yet this is still hapenning.  We are having to go in and manually associate emails to companies.  And, the contacts this is hapenning to were not associated with another company previously.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @JohnLewin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

It seems you're using our Sales add-in. You can customize which associated records  the emails will automatically log to in the settings. Could you check if your default setting is to only log emails on contact records? You can find instructions here: 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
oxonthebox
Teilnehmer/-in

I am having the same problem that the user above is describing. I have checked my email logging preferences and they are correct.  However emails sent to contacts are not logging as activity against the company

test.JPG

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @oxonthebox@JEstes, and  @JSciulli,

if your emails still aren't logging as expected after you've updated your default association settings to include Company records (as shown in @oxonthebox's screenshot above), please also make sure that you've checked the following: 

• the contact record is in fact associated with the company in HubSpot (you'll see the associated company in the top right of the contact record in HubSpot), 
  • the box next to the company association was selected in the email compose window:

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 18.52.22.png

Thank you!

Please note that there are two exceptions to automatic email association in HubSpot: 

• For 1:1 emails, an automatic association will apply only for contacts included in the first email in a thread. Any additional replies in an email thread will be associated only with the same contacts as the first email.
  • If a contact record was previously associated to another company, the contact's past activities will not automatically be associated to the new associated company. The past activities will remain associated to the previous company record.

If this won't help, I'd like to ask you to create a ticket for support or send me the following information in a direct message via my Community profile (if you don't have access to technical support):

- your HubID and email address,

- a screenshot of an email header that didn't log on a company record from Outlook, together with the selected associations,  

- a screenshot of your association defaults in HubSpot Sales,

- link to the contact record in HubSpot with the logged email. 

We'll be glad to have a closer look at the example with our Support team. Thanks! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

JEstes
Mitglied

I have confirmed our team's settings are correct, this is still happening.