email tracking plugin ruins performance of outlook 2016 (for desktop PC)

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

After we installed the email tracking plugin in Outlook 2016, the outlook app for desktop takes ages to load a new mail screen, or even worse to load the reply or forward screen.

We uninstalled plugin and office and and re-installed. No difference in behaviour.

It is totally unproductive to click reply and wait for like 10-15 seconds for the mail to load.

Please advise

50 Replies 50
Regular Contributor

After we installed the email tracking plugin in Outlook 2016, the outlook app for desktop takes ages to load a new mail screen, or even worse to load the reply or forward screen.

We uninstalled plugin and office and and re-installed. No difference in behaviour.

It is totally unproductive to click reply and wait for like 10-15 seconds for the mail to load.

Please advise

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Employee

Hello @prozakis,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing performance issues in Outlook when using the Hubspot Sales Add-in.  Situations like these can be a bit challenging to troubleshoot because there are a number of different variables that could be causing the slow behavior.  While the constant variable seems to be the Hubspot Sales Add-in, we can't immediately rule out that the Hubspot Sales add in AND something else might be conflicting with each other, causing the slow behavior.  It certainly isn't normal or expected behavior for the add in to cause 10-15 second delays in loading Outlook.  I ran some tests on my own and was not able to reproduce what you are describing.  

If possible can you please try the following:

- Disable any other add-ins in Outlook to see if the behavior changes.

- Disable anti-virus and firewalls.

- Try another computer to see if it can be reproduced.

- Verify that all software (Outlook, Antivirus, Operating System) is up to date.  

This is likely something that I won't be able to fix or solve with the click of a button, but let me know if any of the suggestions above change any behavior.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi @BrettLanguirand

Thank you for replying. The only add in in outlook is the Hubspot sales and as you can see from the attached photo it causes delays to outlook.

All other suggestions I tried without change in speed.

This issue with the plugin is very common in our company

I just replaced my old HDD with a SDD. My computer flies, apart from this issue which remains exactly the same as with the previous setup

Thanks for your efforts

Panos

outlookplugin.JPG

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi @BrettLanguirand

any news in this issue ?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

dear @BrettLanguirand

No news as yet. Please advise on any updates

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Employee

Hello @prozakis

The screenshot that you provided only shows that Sidekick is running slowly, not that it is the only add-in in Outlook.  There is still a chance that other add-ins are in Outlook could be affecting its performance.  If you could please use the following steps to find and disable any other add-ins, it wil lbe helpful to determine if one of them is conflicting with Hubspot Sales. 

To Disable Outlook 2016, 2013 and Outlook 2010 COM Add-ins

• Select “COM Add-ins” in the Manage drop-down at the bottom of the “Options->Addins” window and click “Go”. Note: To get to the Options window, click on the File tab first.
  • Uncheck any add-ins that you are not using.
  • Click OK.

Let me know if disabling other add-ins changes anything.  If not, can you please provide more details about the version of windows that you're using?  

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hello @BrettLanguirand

The only active add-ins are sidekick and Google apps sync. I tried all these you suggest. When we remove sidekick outlook flies, even if ALL other add-ins are active

activeaddins.JPG

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I am having the very same issue. Sidekick is the only add in. At times outlook tries to disable it or close down outlook. Outlook 365 is the program.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hello @BrettLanguirand

any development on this issue ?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hello @BrettLanguirand

ongoing problem, no solution. Decided to drop the app. will look for alternatives

sidekick.JPG

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

@BrettLanguirand

This is causing a huge amount of email performance for my sales team. 

Your Add-on seems to be the cause of:

1. Extremely slow starts of outlooks (despite disabled HW acceleration, email caching and clearing nickname registry)
  2. Excessive delays in replying to emails, creating new emails and forwarding emailsHubSpot Addin Performance.PNG

Can your engineers please address this ASAP. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

I reported this 6 months ago.

There is no official feedback. Not even a response.

We had to drop the use of the outlook plugin all together

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thats a shame because email tracking is a core function these days!

at least with MS Dynamics CRM you had an option to do server side email syncing with O365 and smart-token matching - it seems with Hubspot you need the client installed and there are no alternative options - bad performance with email tracking or a blind spot with reasonable email performance. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

There are email tracking CRM alternatives like Zoho, Bitrix24 and a lot more.

But when we spend 100 of hours to setup a system and teach the system to our people, then it is crazy to have to drop it fro a detail like this

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @st3ve @prozakis @BrendanSmall @Paul1975 @PaulDHauck

I appreciate your frustrations regarding Outlook slowing down with the HubSpot extension enabled. I wanted to share a link to the new Outlook extension that is in beta. If you would like to have access to this new extension, click here.

This extension is working towards improving the overall functionality and ease of the Outlook extension, so it will be a good first step towards improving this tool for you.

Cheers,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@jennysowyrda

I have signed up for the new extension but do you have any idea how long this might take. I am having the same issue and want to upgrade my whole team to Sales Pro but I do not think they will be willing to do so at the current speeds.

Can you confirm the development timetable?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@Nwclark85 if you have filled out the form and not heard back, you may not have a compatible inbox. Is your email provider Office 365? That is a requirement for the beta version, along with having a connected inbox. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

@jennysowyrda

Thats a possibility, however I am a full Microsoft 365, Outlook + Exchange Online user and we still have not recieved any further action on this.

I have followed up 3-4 weeks ago with no ETA on release of the Beta Version.

In Lieu of a stable outlook client, Hubspot should at least provide advice on fixing performance for this. It KILLS sales teams' productivity when an email takes between 15-30 seconds just to open a reply. I'd recommend a local caches reference within the application data so that it doesnt need to constantly query the HS instance.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@jennysowyrda

My mistake, i thought that the link was to sign up for notification of the beta system once it was ready. The account I gave is not provided by office 365 but i have re-entered the form with one that is and got no reply so far. Should it be instant?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@jennysowyrda I am confused now.

My email provider is gmail (G-Suite) and my email client is MS-Outlook 2016.

Now I use the "Hubspot sales" plugin v. 3.0.1.111 for outlook 2016. 

Am I in compatible version for the new application ?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@BrendanSmall @Nwclark85 the beta version will be released to users over time. As the tool is still in beta, it cannot handle the capacity of all users and will be released to users on a testing basis as the developers see fit. 

@prozakis if your inbox is not hosted by Outlook 365 than it will not be compatible with the beta version per the specifications on the sign up page. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@jennysowyrda- is the new version of the plugin intended to be just for O365-hosted email users as well, or is that just some limitation of the beta version? And have you got any timeframe on a more general roll-out?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @PaulDHauck

At the moment the extension is, and will continue to be, intended for Office 365 hosted emails. 

There is no timeline at the moment, but please know that the information will be shared when it becomes available. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi

Has the timeframe on the new version of the Outlook Sales extension got any clearer?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

@jennysowyrda Please clarify. You mean that my host Gmail is NOT compatible. We use Ms-outlook 2016 desktop client with the Hubspot sales plugin.

0 Upvotes
Visitor

One of our users is experiencing this same problem

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue, with a 2 second delay that is driving sales absolutely nuts.

What I may be able to add here is that - interestingly - our office is on the west coast and our rep located in New York does not experience a similar lag.

Our IT director wondered if it has to do with pinging a server in Virginia for doing tracking, but notes that even if the "track this email" option is turned off the delay still exists.

This has been tested with all other plugins disabled - no change in delay. Once removed, speed is restored.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

I reported the problem more than 3 months ago.

So far no response with solution.

Ours in not a 2 sec delay, it is more than ~10 seconds.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Same problem here - it can take up to 30-45 seconds to open a new email or reply, so we can't use it and are disabling until something gets fixed. Disabling Contact Profiles on the Web did nothing.

0 Upvotes