Outlook Sales Extension

prozakis
Top Contributor

email tracking plugin ruins performance of outlook 2016 (for desktop PC)

SOLVE

After we installed the email tracking plugin in Outlook 2016, the outlook app for desktop takes ages to load a new mail screen, or even worse to load the reply or forward screen.

We uninstalled plugin and office and and re-installed. No difference in behaviour.

It is totally unproductive to click reply and wait for like 10-15 seconds for the mail to load.

Please advise

1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @miles267,

This worked for me - 

Here's some more instruction on how to uninstall the O365 add-in ( Link ) and how to install the Outlook desktop add-in ( Link )"

Agree - the Office 365 plugin really needs fixing.  HS tell me it's something about tracking and Internet Explorer running in the background.  TBH the old plugin works PERFECTLY for me... in fact, it's actually more functional as it has right-click context menus that allow you to drop meeting links and snippets into the body of an email (which the new add-in doesn't).  

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

63 Replies 63
Brennon
Contributor

SOLVE

I reverted back to the older add-in so I'll see if this is better before updating my team

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you @AdamLPW for your help on this!

Hi @Brennon 

I'm sorry for the business impact it's causing, please let us know if the solution provided by @AdamLPW is working for you. If this is still happening, I'd recommend trying to follow these troubleshooting steps that have been helping this type of issue in some cases. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Brennon
Contributor

SOLVE

@AdamLPW  thanks for the reply. This is incredibly discouraging... we just recently decided to give HubSpot CRM another shot (we tried a few years ago and it just didn't offer what we needed). We just got about 15 people to download the plug in and now I'm hearing about these issues... 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Brennon 

Thank you for reaching out!

Would you mind following the steps of the below article? 

Outlook crashing with HubSpot Sales installed

If this is still not working, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this. 

Thank you!

Best, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Brennon
Contributor

SOLVE

Outlook isn't crashing, it's just not responding to what I type into an email with the add-in.

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Bombadil,

I'm pretty sure there's a new thread for this... appears to be an issue with a recent update to the Outlook add-in, as I've been using it for a long time with no issues.  Suddenly it's insanely slow and makes Outlook unusable.  

I've raised a support ticket with HubSpot and hopefully it'll be addressed shortly...

Smiley Sad

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I thing it's better now.

Try to re-install the plugin.

0 Upvotes
davidrevis
Contributor

SOLVE
Completely agree we have the same issues. We always have enable the add in to always start as otherwise outlook disables ìt because it is so slow. Functionality is worth it but a lot of our sales team disagree and want it removed.
Paul1975
Participant

SOLVE

Hello,

We are trialling HubSpot at the moment and Outlook has really slowed down since installing the outlook add in.  It doesn't seem to work very well at all.

Is there any progress on this at all please?

Paul

0 Upvotes
PaulDHauck
Participant

SOLVE

Same problem here - it can take up to 30-45 seconds to open a new email or reply, so we can't use it and are disabling until something gets fixed. Disabling Contact Profiles on the Web did nothing.

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@PaulDHauck

I reported this 4 months ago.

This is a deal break problem.

No one cares really ...

0 Upvotes
PaulDHauck
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, @prozakis, I thought I'd kick your thread along. We were pretty excited about HubSpot CRM and SideKick when they came out, but first templates and sequences didn't work, and now SideKick doesn't work. Looks like time to move on.

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@PaulDHauck

We are a team of five waiting to see our problems solved to move to the pro version.

Perhaps we should look for alternatives. Any ideas to share ?

0 Upvotes
PaulDHauck
Participant

SOLVE

@prozakis - I haven't had a good look recently, btu we had been looking to use HubSpot to replace Zoho for ourselves and half a dozen marketing clients, so we'll probably just revert to that. It's not great; not a slick as HubSpot not as much headroom to move up to more sophisticated marketing tools, but it has been getting better recently, I understand. A couple of our clients like to build some of their own stuff on SugarCRM, but you need to be pretty hands-on for that to work, I think.

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@PaulDHauck

Why tried Zoho a couple of years back. We were not that excited. For us email integration is very important and zoho was a lot more complicated to implement this.

Sidekick is a fine tool if and when it works.

We have another issue:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Archived-Discussion-Board/Wrong-information-in-email-opens-tracking...

that goes on unnoticed bu the community. 

What disturbes me more about the attitude is that you no longer have access to company support. Only to the community. I don't see how this will convince me to move on to the paying version.

0 Upvotes
JohnS

SOLVE

We are experiencing the same issue, with a 2 second delay that is driving sales absolutely nuts.

What I may be able to add here is that - interestingly - our office is on the west coast and our rep located in New York does not experience a similar lag.

Our IT director wondered if it has to do with pinging a server in Virginia for doing tracking, but notes that even if the "track this email" option is turned off the delay still exists.

This has been tested with all other plugins disabled - no change in delay. Once removed, speed is restored.

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I reported the problem more than 3 months ago.

So far no response with solution.

Ours in not a 2 sec delay, it is more than ~10 seconds.

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

After we installed the email tracking plugin in Outlook 2016, the outlook app for desktop takes ages to load a new mail screen, or even worse to load the reply or forward screen.

We uninstalled plugin and office and and re-installed. No difference in behaviour.

It is totally unproductive to click reply and wait for like 10-15 seconds for the mail to load.

Please advise

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @prozakis,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing performance issues in Outlook when using the Hubspot Sales Add-in.  Situations like these can be a bit challenging to troubleshoot because there are a number of different variables that could be causing the slow behavior.  While the constant variable seems to be the Hubspot Sales Add-in, we can't immediately rule out that the Hubspot Sales add in AND something else might be conflicting with each other, causing the slow behavior.  It certainly isn't normal or expected behavior for the add in to cause 10-15 second delays in loading Outlook.  I ran some tests on my own and was not able to reproduce what you are describing.  

If possible can you please try the following:

- Disable any other add-ins in Outlook to see if the behavior changes.

- Disable anti-virus and firewalls.

- Try another computer to see if it can be reproduced.

- Verify that all software (Outlook, Antivirus, Operating System) is up to date.  

This is likely something that I won't be able to fix or solve with the click of a button, but let me know if any of the suggestions above change any behavior.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

dear @BrettLanguirand

No news as yet. Please advise on any updates

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @prozakis

The screenshot that you provided only shows that Sidekick is running slowly, not that it is the only add-in in Outlook.  There is still a chance that other add-ins are in Outlook could be affecting its performance.  If you could please use the following steps to find and disable any other add-ins, it wil lbe helpful to determine if one of them is conflicting with Hubspot Sales. 

To Disable Outlook 2016, 2013 and Outlook 2010 COM Add-ins

• Select “COM Add-ins” in the Manage drop-down at the bottom of the “Options->Addins” window and click “Go”. Note: To get to the Options window, click on the File tab first.
  • Uncheck any add-ins that you are not using.
  • Click OK.

Let me know if disabling other add-ins changes anything.  If not, can you please provide more details about the version of windows that you're using?  

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes